1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Maxie

Maxie New Member

here is some of the flies he sent theyre a bit bedraggled looking now,next to a 2p to judge the size.
    [​IMG]

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

bet that took you a good while to type out john especially after smashing your hand with a hammer :hurt: :hurt: :cheesy: :cheesy:

3. newdave

newdave Guest

I don't know anything about fly fishing, but it looks as if its pretty standard stuff, this was what my guide in Amazonia said was the ace Bass fly.
    made from coconut husk
    [​IMG]
    saying that i never caught one :confused:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Reading Mike Ladles Book it does say to leave poppers motionless on the surface for short periods of time between 2 turns of the reel handle and a few rives on the rod :happy:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Hasnt worked for me yetr tho ....

6. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

These work in summer in a variety of colours
    [​IMG]
    http://www.troutpoppers.com/SW_poppers.htm

Sometimes they will take them aggressivley when pulled at speed, other times they are more lethargic and sneak up on crippled fry. That's when the long pauses and twitches work best.

Clouser minnows are good when the fish are feeding sub surface. Pink & White and Chartereuse & White are good stand by colours with Blue & White doing well too. A lot of anglers prefer sparsely dressed flies rather than bulky ones. Best to use a sink tip or midge tip line for sinking flies like clousers.

[​IMG]
    http://www.uksaltwaterflies.com/index.htm

Clousers are dead easy to tie, but aren't cheap because of the materials used including the prices of stainless hooks in 2, 4 or 6 usually, and the eyed dumbells.

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Like the look of the bottom one, maybe in a couple of different colours.....whats the idea of the stainless hook ? is it just to add abit of flash ?, Could it be fished behind some form of bubble float . like what gary"gjw" mentioned ?
    cheers

8. baza

baza New Member

cheapo macky spinners are the most successful lures i know of. im not kidding ive had hundreds of bass on them. wind them in as fast as you can keeping them just below the surface rod held high. not as much fun as plugs but very effective

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

:wink: :happy: Totally agree Baza :wink: :happy:

10. bucko

bucko Guest

Those of you asking about bass flies- if you want some tying up I'm actually doing an order for someone later this month in time for May so PM me with your requirements and I'm sure I can knock something up. And they are tied to be as indestructable as possible.

11. bucko

bucko Guest

Another thought I had was that you 'yakkers' might find a use for 'cut plugs' in the faster tidal channels and gulleys. Similar to the 'Kynock Killer' that is often 'harled' from boats on Scottish salmon rivers.

And those of you seeking to fish the fly on a spinning rod- most of them are of a size large enough to simply pop a 0.75 oz bullet maybe 2-3ft above them on the trace.
    Or alternatively, this device probably has some scope, especially from a yak.
    http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Luhr_Jensen_Dodgers_6_inch.htm

12. Jetty

Jetty New Member

yeah......2 weeks on sick :laugh:

13. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

im reading mike ladles book and he says he catches most bass on plugs :yes:

14. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

deepsea tell's me its the size of lenny henry's when he does that preacher sketch with the two big hand's lol :tease: :tease:

15. baza

baza New Member

just recieved my fortnightly parcel from basspro and it had my favorite most successful popper inside. a yo-zuri hydro popper 7/8 0z in silver with black back.im getting my lures 3 at a time to save on the import duty. im due another batch in a fortnight. i will have to fill my shopping basket again :happy:

16. worms

worms New Member

thort you had a bad hand jetty :laugh:

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I've ordered a couple more of those Rapala Slivers, one in blue and one in red-head (carnt beat a red head :wink: ), they must just do the bizz around here with all the summer pipe fish and sand eels about. Well heres hoping anyway.

What I could do with is a little advice on how best to work these damn things :happy:

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

well I'll be doing a lot of plugging from the yak soon ken if you fancy some lure fishing sessions, might be able to help you fine tune your lure fishing but I'm sure you've sussed it out already :wink:

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

anytime mate, I got it sussed, gonna tie half a dozen of these things to the back of the yak cushioned with a bit of 16 pole elastic just to cushion em a little . . . . or prefarably we could run a rope between two yaks with hundreds of different plugs and pair fish :whistle: