1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

hows about one of these little fellas... shown inside the box is his little brother the f-13 :cheesy:

[​IMG]

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

I took a pic of our lass holding one of the Giant Rapalas in Bass Pro Shop,i felt a right tit asking the shop assistant if they actually used them for fishing there,to my amazement he said they re rig the hooks for a big predator fish out there,can't remember what it was though

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

isnt it tarpon or summat?

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Can't remember Mouldy,someone on here will know

5. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

i've heard of the guys using them like for trolling,same build as any normal rapala with the thru wire cant get over the 14/0 trebles on it like :scared: haha

6. baza

baza New Member

my favorite and most successful lures have been yo-zuris. the best a hydro popper 25g silver with a black back. somedays you dont have to change lures. its always the first lure i try. ive tried the bigger version and it also fishes well but is a bit bulky. the mag popper also fishes well. im going to experiment a bit more with a few new lures from basspro, the knuckleheads look good but they seem to lack the finish of yo-zuris and ive acquired a couple of rapala x raps the shallow ones just to see what the fuss is about

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

The lure i have done really well on and has never been mentioned is a nice shiny lead spinner ,wound quite fast they can be awesome.I must have 30 x-raps a dozen yo-zuri's and another 20 " experimental cheapo's" that don't usually work very well.When the bass are taking a medium depth diver,x-raps take some beating,but when they are nearer the surface,crystal minnows are hard to beat

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Just a word of warning lads on cheap copies and imitations, stay well clear they may look fine and dandy but they are crap and will let you down when you get that good fish :sad:

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

Have you tried any of the Ron Thompson splitting jacks for the Billy's Iain?? I have done quite well with them for pike,never tried em in the salty stuff :happy:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I think I've got one in the box Mart but not used it yet - but I think the Ron Thompson plugs are ok - it's the ones that copy the classic patterns like the Sliver that are useless :surprise:

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Do you mean them cheap lead spinners the
    ones you normally get for £1 each Mart? I have never tried spinners for Bass, i have heard people catching on Toby's like...will have to give them a try... :happy:

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Dexters and tobies the ones to carry , especially in lighter weights , never actually had bass on them but the lighter weights work well in rivers so im guessing over shallow scaurs they would be the ones to go for ......you can get alsorts of colours but try and go for proper abu tobies the ones made out of brass .....

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Cheers Dav,

14. smokey

smokey Rockling

They're the ones Gary,only when they are new and shiny,dexter wedges fish well too :wink:

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks Mart, Gonna give them ago, still on the look out for some sandeel type bass fly's, anyone have any idea's????

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

I could be wrong but im sure our mate bucko ties flies gary. ?
    maybe he may be kind enough to design a fly to imitate sandeels..and or sprats......and tie a couple for us to give a bash....as it sounds a good method using a fly instead of a redgill .... :happy: :happy:

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

anyone tried these?

http://www.jerseyfishingtackle.com/sandeel.htm#

Wondering if they would work well jigged off the yag :happy:

18. Jetty

Jetty New Member

last year at south gare me my dad and my son age 9 were plugging away ..........my dad is quite an expert he has had quite a few decent bass plugging............anyway my son had,as he was basicly learning ,had my old gear a cheap spinning rod an old reel and a cheap plug that i bought from whitby angling,after half an hour my son practising casting left the bail arm on and had a snap off leaving his plug floating about 15 yards away........so me and my dad carried on expertly plugging when all of a sudden whoosh huge splash ,a bass [presumably]took my sons plug which had been just floating in the water ............we carried on plugging expertly for another hour or so and caught nothing.....we were plugging in the same area in which his plug got took,at the same time his plug got took, which was just laid doing nowt .......this season i think i shall adopt the tactic of just letting it float and see what happens :confused:

19. Maxie

Maxie New Member

that fella on the forums called snatcher used to tie them up,he is on a lot of forums,he sent me a couple to try and they caught pollack,im sure they sell them at the tackle shop on the way to the mull or the pub at clashwannon.he seems a good bloke.

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes I do seem to remember that name Maxie. Quite a funny bloke I seem to remember.