1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bass Plug For Shore Fishing ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 27, 2008.

?

WhatAre Your Favourite 3 Bass Plugs For Shore Fishing ? Please State Why You Rate The Plug So High.

1. Storm Chug Bug

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Maria Chase SW

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Maria Chase BW

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Maria Angel Kiss

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. Yozuri Crystal Minnow

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Yozuri Poppers (Please state which model)

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Rapala X Rap

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Maria Chico Boco

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Maria Pop Queen

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  11. Rapala Skitter Pop

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. Daiwa Saltiga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Grauvell (please State Which Model)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Dexter Darter

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  15. One That Isnt Listed Here (Please State Which Below)

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  16. Megabass Zonk Gatoride

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  17. Patchinko Top Water

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Steve1969

Steve1969 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I dont know if those parts are avaliable in GB but in Germany we use
    "Knotenlos" means "Knotless" Connetcors

Those been invented by a german angler who was tired of rappala knots and changing the lures
    [​IMG]

Those parts are cheap and work perfect, never lost a lure od fish with those

You can get them from very small up to very heavy (heavy holds 65Kg r.a. 130lbs)
    [​IMG]

2. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

They look very interesting, I'll see if I can some to try out. Thanks for posting the info.

3. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A good bump! Interesting to see the yo-zuri in the lead now...

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Would be interested to know if anyones opinions have changed since last year?

Ken

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

One of the best bass pics i like is the one of damo holding a nice specimen with its fins out ...

7. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You rotten sods Jimlad/ Ken, fancy bumping this back around! I'd already told myself 'no more plugs till I've caught my first Bass' then read this again. Within 10 minutes I was on the net having a mooch around. :laugh:

Nick

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

If your still struggling by June Nick give me a shout, there are a lot of better bass anglers on here than me but i'll try and put you on a fish, and if I carnt there are many on here who will :cheesy:

9. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats really good of you Ken, I might just hold you to that mate. The first thing I have to do is commit more time and effort to the pursuit in the first place. Think I only got out 7/8 times last summer for one reason or another and that just ain't enough to do it justice, especially when it's new to you.

Like a lot of people tho I'm a sucker for expensive bits of plastic!!!

Cheers again
    Nick

10. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

The problem for me at the moment is actually finding someone who has a good range of plugs in stock, specifically Zonk gatorides and Feed shallows 105, even the Japanese websites seem to be struggling.

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

If anybody is going to be placing an order to a japanese site giv me a shout and ill put a couple of things on the order to save postage ...Thanks

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Still find it difficult to grasp the crystal Minnow has the most votes, I don't know anyone South of the Esk that uses those from the shore, good action granted but there's many plugs with good action, they dive a little too deep and they are very poor casters even in no wind, and if there's any cross or head wind forget it - maybe the Whitby Club would comment

The Zonk's only git 2 votes, what's going on, it's not an AV vote :confused:

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Probably a bit out of date now Iain, maybe the thread should be restarted for 2011 :cheesy:

16. newdave

newdave Guest

Got to agree, the Zonk is so last year :wink:, must ask Buzz what the 2011 must have is going to be :tease:

17. glassback

glassback Blenny

defo zonk again this year and then the megabass do rum ,and third the feed shallow
    but i might change my mind when season kicks of and put the do rum first
    mind you i have plenty to go at

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Yep Crap casters but they work a treat when your about 6ft above the water. not sure why but they've outfished the zonk on many occasion at kettleness but when you get down to the water level they stay in the box

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16701.msg146248#msg146248

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

You'll have to show us where you mean Dan and we'll bring our Zonks, show you how to fish them :blindfold:

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Wouldnt be without the crystal minnow now.

[​IMG]

Zonk are good for the odd herring