1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bell Trophy - Inter Club Fishing Match On The Yorkshire Coast

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im thinking of putting together a full page on the bell trophy. I already have lots of info and some nice pictures. But would love to have more. Has your club ever won the trophy ? can you shine some light on the history ? What are your personbal experiences ? please share so we can make the page as good as possible.

2. Baramundi Bob

come on you lot, theres plenty of you out there who have fished this match for years and years, lets have some stories

3. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Maybe now is the time to revisit this post. The match is only two weeks away so come fellas lets have some stories!!

4. Baramundi Bob

5. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Some interesting photos, when were they taken? The Corner Cafe has now gone. The weather always seems to be wintry on Bell Trophy day and from the photos it looks as though this year was no exception!
    One memory I have is fishing down Cloughton years ago when George Dunn (pictured in the last photo wearing his usual blue boiler suit) was still fishing. Been the character he was he paying more attention to telling stories to Ian and I than he was to where he was walking and stepped backwards waist deep into one of the holes on the platform scar just before spider hole!!
    So, come on fellas, I've made a start, let's have some more and really support this years event.

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Spent some very cold days in january and feb over the years fishing this match got the heaviest bag in the match one year glen from redcliff danger board 6 mops for 12lb that got the whitby the bell trophy i think a couple of the other lads weighed in for the whitby club as well.

paul.