1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bass King Returns

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just been speaking to the guys on the phone and Quint the bass master is back on top with this years biggest bass of 8 pounds 4 ounces. The day apparently had been very quiet and Iain snook off and came back with a monster bass. They are now having a celebratory red bull in the pub and Iain was last scene levitating about a foot off the ground. Well done, Im over the moon for him to get such a quality fish and can only imagine the feeling that comes with such a top capture. With September coming around fast I think we could see bigger yet - who will be top of the hall of fame by November ???.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Very nice fish , well done iain. cant wait to see the pics....

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

:surprise: oooooooooooooh well done iain :cheesy:

4. IanB

IanB Blenny

Well done Iain, hope you post the pic :yes:

5. robq

robq Rockling

Amazing fish Iain :surprise: well done mate :yes:

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: WELL DONE HAPPYCRACKER :yes: :yes: :yes:

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Hell of a fish Iain, well done mate. Look forward to seeing the pic :nerd:

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Iain, well deserved... :happy: a cracking fish mate... :yes:

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

and he has the cheek to call other people spawney! :hurt:

seriously though, great fish Iain!

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

He can smell them that lad, well done Iain.

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just home, gorgouse deep bellied fish, got a call on the radio from Iain saying he had landed a big one, paddled over, fantastic looking bass.

A long paddle after a day at work, all the way to Birdash from North Landing and back. Iain seemingly doing 100 knots in the Dorado

12. newdave

newdave Guest

big apologies are in order Ian, these are the pictures & i am afraid they are shit, don't know what happened :cry: :cry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so i am afraid the photos are not the same quality as the fish, another magnificent specimen, and if anyone had to knock me of the top of the hall of fame, i am glad its the original bassmiester & my teacher. still a couple of bassy months to go though & the competition is getting hot :happy: when will that 10lber turn up ?

13. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done quint and new dave caught a monster his self with a treble hook in the thumb
    cheers ian

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Cheers lads I'm still buzzing, the fight left me drained and shaking like a leaf, an extremely powerful fish that did not want to be caught, at one point in the battle I thought I was going into the rocks :surprise: the fish took a maria kiss mackeral pattern which is my favourite plug, in about 3 foot of water and about 6 foot from the shore

Don't worry about the photos Dave, I'm pleased that my capture was shared by you guys - I had a good feeling about today as it's really the first time this summer we've been able to fish in clear, flat conditions

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Really is an awesome fish Iain :cool: well pleased for you. You'll be buzzin all week now :yes:

16. Baramundi Bob

What a beautiful fish. Well done Iain. I bet your still buzzing this morning. Thats the stuff dreams are made of. :happy: :happy:

17. Baramundi Bob

Brightend the last 2 pics up a little.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

A few more from yesterday, having a break for a spot of lunch and a dump :surprise:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Spawney Taffy (ian 07) with a nice pollock

[​IMG][​IMG]

Another picture of the bass

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

another go too.

[​IMG]

20. spud

spud New Member

Well done Iain cracking fish not jealous one one bit :wink: