1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Angling Trust And Anglersafloat Embraces Kayak Anglers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Kayak Kid

Kayak Kid New Member

Ive been using the AA website for a year or so now. They are not elitist at all. They have regular meets where people are sociable, unlike you lot on here who always want to compete with each other. Anglersafloat has far better information about fishing and kitting up your kayak. Anglersafloat members are very safety conscious and skilled fishermen. You could learn a lot from them. I am pleased they have struck an allegiance with the anglers trust and I know they will support kayak fishing when they talk to the politicians making all the decisions about the seas.

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

take it your crap with computers? :confused: as if you look on here and the main site there is enough info to get any one out in a yak. there was plenty of help for me. all i did was ask. i also did that on AA and got jack shit. there up there own asses some of them.
    so your saying that the lads on here are not safe :laugh: :laugh:

AT do bugger all for anglers only help them self to look good.
    you must be scared of asking are you? cos yes on here we have a joke mess about but your doin it with some of the best anglers in england.
    The lads on here meet up and if you want to join them try asking most dont bite :scared:

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

No need for that was there, what's with the negativity? :confused:

So some of us don't agree with what AA & AT have come up with, you don't see us going on AA dropping remarks like that do you? Why not grow up, read what this site offers and see how helpful and sociable we actually are. Apart from a few friendly matches where is the evidence that we only want to compete with each other?

It's not a competition between us and AA so please don't try and make it out as if we are!

I've met several people off that forum and they were real nice, we have no problem with any of them personally whatsoever. It's AT that we have the problem with.

You really haven't got a clue have you, we couldn't take ours and others safety more seriously. Again look through the homepage and this forum and you'll find more than enough evidence that we are safety conscious and do things correctly.

The reason why a handful of us feel that AA can be at times elitist is that we have seen newbies shot down on that forum for asking what seem like stupid questions to the more experienced. Some of the replies the newbies got were awful. It may of changed a bit since I last used it properly but I didn't like what I saw at the time so decided not to use it anymore.

So instead of coming on here looking for an argument why not read the site/forum properly and reply on threads in a mature manner!

4. littleshack

littleshack Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well said ducky as anovice sea angler and kayaker learning enough about both to be able to do both is no easy task.I joined this site first and have had nothing but help from every one with everything from safety to how to start the learning curve.Did have a look at AA but didn't feel the need to join.Regulation can just be another way to control if it is not used in the right way.We will see what happens in that regard.

5. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi some of you guys know me Lozz the gobby sotherner usually acompanyed by a can of cider and a puddle of puke. Im also an anglersafloat team member the first i heard of this link with the AT was when i saw all the posts about it and apparently acording to the email it was done between team members there 10 or so and i think 3 made the decision.Personally i do not endorse this atall. The sot course was good most seem to agree and this may be the only good to come out of it .I did fear for our future with rules and regs coming at some point maybe.But looking over the net and how crap the AT seem to be i think in 1 year when all the mugs that joined leave dishartened at will all go away hopefully.Also it does apear the the yaks joining is already starting to fragment whats left of the AT the freshwater guys seem to be up in arms over waterway access for yaks.
    Ps what gives you the idea that Northerners are the best fishermen i recon id give you a good run for your money

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Lozz if I left a barrel of cider on the beach I could beat you In a skip. :butt:

Just a shame your a southern Lozz cos you drink like a northerner. :laugh:

:tease:

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

You had your chance at Filey and Scarborugh, what happened? :laugh:

I think I fished near you at last year's Scarborough match, were you on a black/yellow dorado that was almost tipped over when you hit into a Pollock? :laugh:

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes Sam he has one of them glass kevlar yaks. He use cider cans anchor boyes. Lol

9. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats what i love about this site i can make a comment like that with out it going into meltdown i will return for some yak tipping pollock soon as they make good bait for the many 100lb+ skate and aint bad for huge tope to

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

That's why you fit in Lozz. Lol.