1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 Codling Challenge 2010 - Oct 1st To Dec 31st (Topic Has Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 15, 2010.

1. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

3 more last night in south cliff night match 129 now

pete atckinson won the match with 4 nice fish for 20lb

pete

2. clifftoprunner1

had a walk about up bempton yesterday for afternoon for filey club match... sea looked spot on, loaded with colour and lazy swells... expected few fish to show but :no: :no: managed 1 out last cast only decent bite... baits coming back untouched.. :surprise: :surprise:

130 now....

3. woody

woody New Member

one more for me , on blooming cold night down the holderness , about 2 lb 28 gone ...... not a hope for 50 lol need to beat that shammy tho !!!!

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I dont beleive you Woody ,the cod have all emigrated :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    well done mate on a freezing night :scared: last time i was out last weekend it was baltic
    and i got two legs of water in my knackred waders and not a fish to shout about .

5. woody

woody New Member

ha ha ha got it first chuck harry in daylight really short thought here we go !!!! had all my bites n dabs ect at less than 100 yards , the other rod i had at about 180 hmmm maybe 120 lol not a snifff , bit of good training for norway !!!

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Woodster, well done for braving the elements fella..............................120yds, you getting Shammy to do your casting again fella.......lmao...................All the best for the new year bud, i'll see you in Jan................

7. woody

woody New Member

you too mark !!!! are you fishing the hornsea open ???

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

No bud, if i get back from London i'm hoping to fish the Cloughton match next Thursdy though.......

9. clifftoprunner1

fished our club match yesterday( boxing day) managed to put 5 on scales for just short of 10lb.. 135 now

pete

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done Pete. Hows the rod?

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Goo d to hear there are fish about Pete. Well done mate

12. Baramundi Bob

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Its difficult to keep up with the amount of posts.

Top Runners

Pete Clifftoprunner - 135
    Rock Lobster - 102
    Lawsey - 67
    Glenn - 60
    Bow 1 - 34
    Chris Scaife CPS - 32
    Mark Gelder - 32
    Woody - 27
    Shammy - 30
    Crusty - 30
    Egg - 25
    Worm - 20
    Seanyroo - 18
    Newbury 1 - 16
    Big Cod On - 16
    Rich 123 - 15
    Ste Muir - 13
    Rubbish - 13
    The Artist -13
    Smithy - 13
    Bowsey - 13
    Robq - 12
    God Of All Cod - 11
    Yakking Sam - 13
    Matty - 11
    Steve - 10
    Codfather - 7
    Ducky - 7
    Dan The Eel - 6
    Deadlyfish - 5
    Supersonic Sid - 4
    Steve - 4
    Dolphin - 5
    Benq - 3
    Boomstick - 2
    Congerballs - 2
    Timbo - 1
    Relm - 1

13. woody

woody New Member

well done pete !!!

14. clifftoprunner1

cheers lads......rods fine ducky just snapped bottom metal piece of red metal butt section.about 5 inch easy repair but it cast ok so mite leave it off.... as for the fishing... fish seem to be in small pockets. find one and there seems to be others with it..
    pete

15. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well another one last night to add to my embarrassing total of 5 to make my final count of 6 in the challenge :embarrass:.
    Caught up on sandsend cliffs last night :happy: :happy: :happy:.

Not really had a good show of cod but still enjoyed ever session this winter :yes: lots of billet though and more bass :surprise: than cod.

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well just to prove Glenns point it looks like Sandsend cliffs are still producing some fish :embarrass:

Nice one Chris. I've packed away my shore gear until next summer at least, will enjoy some freshwater fishing until the spring/summer kayak season kicks in.

17. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Only 1 in how many sessions up there plenty of billet to keep you interested though.
    It is extremely quiet at the moment lets hope it picks up soon.

18. Baramundi Bob

19. Baramundi Bob

20. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fishing's absolutely dead up here atm. Might be a chance of a decent Northerly(very early forecast) next midweek to kickstart this years challenge. They're also predicting an early freeze with snow backend of October, just hope it doesn't bugger the fishing like last year.