1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 Codling Challenge 2010 - Oct 1st To Dec 31st (Topic Has Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 15, 2010.

1. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just got back in from session down local scarborough haunt... me and robbie harrison . bit slow at first plenty of weed no colour any more bl++dy snow i ended up with 5 and rob got 2 112 now

19 needed tonight now paul :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    wind dropping away so should be full of fish down port

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i cant be doing with you pete, your a foikling machine, too keen for me, have it ssssson :yes:

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

He said he is taking easy to me last time I seen him.

4. clifftoprunner1

due to cold weather and not able to work this afternoon went for chuck on drive over high water... sea dropping away fast, not much colour, got a mop out about 2 1/2. only cod bite. small stuff tapping away on all other casts... 113 now.. need to get some colour back into sea. bit of northely,s back end of next week.. bring it on :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

5. Lobbers

seas flat as a fart up here, not bothering til cloughton sunday, ill just have to beat you to 200 pete :cheesy: :cheesy:

6. clifftoprunner1

looks like we,ll all be running around looking for colour sunday paul... looking forward to it. won it few years ago with an 8lb er.. would be nice to do it again
    pete

7. Lobbers

its forcast to build through the day pete, what do you recomend, big cast for tide fish or what??

8. clifftoprunner1

big bait hang on to rod and hope mate.. thats me sunday :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Lobbers

i do like a massive bait pete, but its gonna be hard sunday, after the flatt easters , a growing north swell during the match, what do you do???

10. clifftoprunner1

some one will go home at least 500 richer mate... could be won anywhere by anyone :yes:

11. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

2 more for me last night from saltwick hole poor night for conditions

12. clifftoprunner1

2 more today in filey cub match..... 115 now... water clear need some colour,, brin on the north swells
    pete

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Stunned......... there is no stopping you lads. Hope someone manages a pig today conditions look spot on up here.

14. cps

cps Rockling

another 5 in the cloughton match for me also had one inthe saltburn the sunday befor , dont think i will make the 50 as i carnt see me having time for more than a couple of trips now to much dam work to do :sad:

15. RU5TY1

3 more for me last night in whitby club match , better stamp of fish showing as well 1 was over 6 and one around 5

16. woody

woody New Member

well done crusty !!

17. clifftoprunner1

3 more last nite in filey club match biggest 6lb cold cold cold nite bait was freezing up as tying on :crazy: :crazy: 118 now
    pete

18. RU5TY1

1 more in whitby club match last night was a very poor weigh in only 2 of us returned with fish

19. Lobbers

hit the hundred mark tonight with 7 codling off whitby west. it was absolute pants to start with, there was me , p mac, and dave parrot from whitby on the end and a load of lads right down, it was pish, p mac scattered to the pub , i decided home time too as did dave, what happened, i reeled in a size mop, dave said "thats not going to keep me on here, but i bet thats you here for another few hours", and bloody hell he was right, i had an undersize mop next cast, so thought i'll have another cast to give it the benefit..
    i was stood looking at my rodtip thinking nah thats it, im off, tap tap, another codling this time a bit better. evry time i said to myself, im off, i got a bloody bite, and pulled another one in, and ended up on there till near low water.

anyway thats a hundred coddies so far :yes:

20. clifftoprunner1

fished scalby mills match last nite ended up with 5 more did not go till 10.30 last nite.. fish a cast till low then billets moved in so home about 1.30... 123 now
    pete