1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 Codling Challenge 2010 - Oct 1st To Dec 31st (Topic Has Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

50 codling challenge

only another two weeks till the start of the website fifty cod challenge, should't be too much bother for everyone this year with all these size mops about :pray:

2. Lobbers

Re: The 50 Codling Challenge 2010 - Oct 1st To Dec 31st

just noticed this post :embarrass:

3. Darth_codhead

Darth_codhead Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I don't do boat Fishing
    thay all come from Fleetwood and Blackpool
    the fish are queued up to get on my hook
    48 fish in 3 trips oner 5 days

DC

4. Lobbers

ooooh, dont upset darth, he will get all big letters on you, and bring you to the dark side,
    the codling challenge starts october anakin so save your bait :laugh:

5. Darth_codhead

:laugh: :embarrass: :tease: :cheesy:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Must be a hell of a lot of fish on that side of the country. Well done darth.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

NO NEED TO SHOUT MATE, just not used to seeing so many fish from the shore since the seventies over this side :cry: well done on your catch, :cool:

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well the 1st is almost here..........who's going to be the 1st to start, certainly won't be me as i'm not fishing until Tuesday earliest......................................

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:laugh:

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well roll on i will be out. at bloody last. just hope i something to report.. :yes:

11. bait pump

bait pump New Member

I don't do boat Fishing
    thay all come from Fleetwood and Blackpool
    the fish are queued up to get on my hook
    48 fish in 3 trips oner 5 days

Darth i wouldnt mind a night out with you I fish with a few local lads from Fleetwood and two diggers as well there have been a few fish of that stamp out of the Mersey but you kept them under wraps if they come off Blackpool :crazy:

12. Baramundi Bob

Will any of you west coasters have any fresh blacks if your coming over this way ?

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

what baits you lads using over that side at the moment.

14. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Harry there have been a few fish about most caught on Black Lug no need to waste the crab on them little fellas still the odd bass on peeler a large bait of blow lug on a pennel will take the bigger cod but too early yet usually around xmas time 27/28 ft tides with a north westerly will bring the big fish in range. Black lug cocktailed with cart takes a lot of codlings out of the mersey if not too much rain The problem we have on this coast is the amount of river systems we have coming in around blackpool and morecambe bay and the constant south westerlys bringing the rain and flooding the rivers

I have my suspicion how darth got them fish if they werent off a boat but i dont want to start that heated debate that usually crops up around this time of year

regards mick

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thanks for the info Mick, i may have a run out to workington area, i have a mate over that side so it may be worth somewhare around maryport,

it seems fresh crab does better over this side at the moment, with frozen atracting the coalies,
    another month should see them on the worm.

16. Darth_codhead

Up to 108 codling so far coing for 150 by Christmas

One god thing about here you do not get trawlers
    running up and down the see about 200 yards out
    here

I have seen the dropping there nets as leave the harbour as they have done in the past

When you here of a few cod coming from the Beach's the boats are there the next day
    also the charter boats from fleetwood are not getting Many cod

Your fish are a lot bigger over there

The fishing over here take me back to 1987 and 1997 when the cod where queuing up there

good luck for the season
    hope to see some of you at the Diawa open this year
    my turn to win it again this year

DC

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

17. Lobbers

well these promised, sou easters went west, and with little or no sea i decided on the pub with me dad, and by the looks of it we are going to have to bow down to the west coast's darth big letters for an early codling 50 report, im expecting a big catch report from him soon.
    anyway i missed last weeks codling bonanza due to lack of intrest after the festivals, but im going to have a look at catching a few tide codling this weekend , i've got loads of fresh greens waiting for the hook , so i might as well have a look :yes: :yes:

i hears of a 10 pounder boulby way during last week, funny how that was kept quiet, but it was for real, anyway the forecast looks shoit at the mo. hope it changes, we've had more big seas lately than you can shake a stick at, and i bet now we really want a good sea it wont come :angry:

tight lines every one (exept anakin, hope thats it for him :cheesy:),
    good look for the season ahead :yes:

18. Baramundi Bob

Those south easters were south east mate, at least down this way. There was a decent sea running last night down this way. I had other things on my plate but would have been confident of a few fish for certain.

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I went down RHB Glenn and there was next to no sea at all at 9pm when I got there, I ended up on sandsend cliffs and got plagued by billet

20. Baramundi Bob

Judging by the amount of sea in Scarborough south bay at 3pm yesterday the swell would be south/south east. You dont need a lot of that if you can put yourself on the right mark. I can think of 3 marks where I would have caught last night, but bay wouldn't have been the first choice.