1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 Codling Challenge 2009 - 1st Oct To 1st Jan 2010.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Glenn, I'm on my way out now, going to try the cliff tops over high water.....you're right it's horrible.
    Regards Ian

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Good luck with it Ian. Will it not be too windy for cliff fishing or have you got a sheltered mark ?

3. Ian Alexander

Got a couple of shots in mind, going to make my mind up when I get there, I'm out the door in 5mins.....just got to get out, I'm struggling to get out this month with shifts and appointments at hospital, got to get me fix :crazy:
    Regards ian

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

good luck ian, was gonna give noses point a try over high myself, but still sitting here deciding !!!
    cheers
    Paul

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

where did you go for that one Glen

6. Baramundi Bob

Robin Hoods Bay Harry. It was very calm when I started but I got the fish first cast. Then a Hurricane blew up and made things difficult. I had 2 more bites that I missed.

7. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

2 more on wed night in club match but sill not enough to see off wacker in the singles .. o well may be next year
    37 left

8. Ian Alexander

Hello, I blanked last night, missed a bite but my bait had pulled down and masked the hook, schoolboy error.
    On a plus point though I managed to come home with hair like Don King!!! :scare:
    Regards Ian

9. Baramundi Bob

JUst 1 more tonight. Highlight of the night was Bulltrout came with me and got his forst ever shore cod - 1st cast of the night too.

8 to go.

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

nice one glenn, I was tempted to have a look out tonight, but it didnt look like there was much swell at sandsend so i stayed in and watched the footy

11. Baramundi Bob

The swell dropped fast and it was almosy flat when we came away.

12. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for letting me come along with you Glenn realy enjoyed it and learnt alot from it. only 49 to go now :yes:

13. Steve

Steve Rockling

got another last on the holderness beaches. only about 2lb but they all count.that 3 down 47 t go

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

1 more mop today in my Hornsea club match...32 to go....quite a few mops showing still on the beaches.......along with a lot of late skate.,... :wink:

15. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

1 yesterday, thats only 49 to go now. With this weather it could be a while before the next 1.
    cheers Col.

16. bow1

bow1 Rockling

had a two pound mop friday from hendon prom,missed a couple good bites,its getting a habit!!,46 to go ill be happy to get 10 by xmas at trhis rate!!
    tryed again last night in a canny sea at prom.nowt!!!got soaked and called it a day early and went for a pint.

17. Baramundi Bob

2 tonight from Runswick. One 5 pounder and a mop. It was a horrid night and I came home after a couple of hours. Torrential driving rain and a brisk northerly breeze at times made things unpleasant.

44 Down 6 to go. Will the weather provide enough opportunities to get 6 in the next month.

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

fished kettleness tonight damo got one about 4 1/2lb and a knocked a mop off in the surf

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

2 last night from hummersea , one tonight from runswick, thats 7 down 43 to go!

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Give over, when this sea fines down a bit I know you'll be into fish Glenn. I would put money on you have them all by this time next week :cheesy: