1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 50 Codling Challenge 2009 - 1st Oct To 1st Jan 2010.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

1 mop off the sea defense boulder at runswick last night, just shy of 2lb
    43 to go :embarrass:

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

So what are the scores on the doors so far for everyone ?
    I started to add them up last night but the Stella's got the better of me and not at home pc tonight so can't spend the time.

Anyone able to tot up the totals for everyone ......ok I ll start

Glenn is in the lead by miles.. :happy: :happy:...good fishing Glenn.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Dave, its not a comp to see who finishes first mate. I reckon Ian Alexander has had more than the rest of us. Its a friendy chalenge to get fifty by new years day and as we said last year its quite a thing to achieve. Good luck to everyone and I hope theres a good few more and some big ones to come yet.

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Too right Glenn....who's is one what totals ...I know you are close already, I ve had a few but not even broken the 20 fish yet...anyone else getting close ?...good sea last night and some decent colour left today when i dropped in to Bills at Scarb so hopefully some more to go on tonight from everyone......I m stuck at work so office bound.

5. Benq23

Had two off cowbar tonight, 9 down 41 to go (1 to go of my personal target :cheesy: )

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Another mop for me last nite, thats 5 down alot to go...........

7. Baramundi Bob

Nice one Ben. I had thought of fishing the jetty (Conditions looked good) but its somewhere I have never been. Its one of Lobbers favourite haunts, was he out ??

8. Benq23

we were on the cliffs fishing the ebb, conditions were spot on there with a nice moderate swell, not another angler up there which was strange as the fishing was rather good, plenty of bites and a couple of codling, the problem with the mark we fished though was a bit of a ledge at the base of the cliff which claimed my biggest fish of the day, bent the rod in half, tried our best to get it up the face but the inevitable enormous splash sounded out failure, felt effing massive too, gutted
    didnt see lobbers or anyone else for that matter but we did get "flashed" by another anglers headlight making his way along the bottoms as the water emptied out
    anyway it was a good night and I managed 2 codling, a bleg and 3 rather fat rockling

9. Baramundi Bob

Sounds like you were kept busy Ben. Those marks up there are usually packed which is why I have never bothered to learn them. Must be nice to get the place to yourself. I think the fishing is getting really bad press at the moment with fishing club and open results being bad, a lot of people are being put off fishing. However I think people are missing out as you have shown that if your willing to put in the effort then you will be rewarded. It seems there are quite a few fish around in less than perfect conditions.

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Glenn another nice bag - I wanted to fish that night but went to Leeds to see a concert, as soon as I booked the tickets I knew the sea would be up on the date :whatever:

11. Baramundi Bob

Isnt that always the case Iain. Our next planned social evening out is 4th December. So be prepared for a lovely dieing south easterly on that night.

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

me and rubbish where in the area, we went out last night, to find the sea had dropped off very quickly, we had a chuck off the jetty but it was bleggy, so, joined by four other lads we know we headed in the other direction to fish down to low. the six of us decided on a fiver a man for the heaviest fish of the night, when we got round to our chosen mark things started slow, i had to wait an enormous 3 minuits for the first bite resulting in a plump 2.5 lb'er, dave was next in the action with a quick brace of codling, 3.5 lb and 4.5lb respectively, whilst i was into rocklings and the other lads blegged off. then when we got futher down the scaur and i knew we were into fish holding weed, i switched tactics from range to fishing huge crab cod stoppers, the other lads where saying, bloody hell theyr,e a bit big them baits mate. ten minuits later i said time for a cup of tea, its guaranteed to get me a bite, and sure enough, i put the cup to my lips and the rod whacked over, followed by slack line, a good pull over on the rod tip, a quick tussle and me shouting get your money out lads, a nice fat six pounder was on dry land, a quick rig change and another huge crab bait was plopped out. you will need a seven pounder now lads, and as those words came out of my mouth, my rod went over again, another quick tussle saw a nice plump seven pounder hit the shaw, you'll need an eight pounder now lads, i heard a couple of mumbles from grant like floop off or something. jeff then managed a mop, and i suggested to rubbish that the tide had turned and he should try a very short cast, into the front of the gulley as there might be a fish allready nosing its way back in, and after a few finnecky bites, he got a good pull and hit into a nice girthy six pounder. the other four lads seemed to vanish of the scaur very quickly, i cant think why, but my wallet feels a bit light today :cheesy:

pics to follow and that takes my total to a measly 12 fish so far, and rubbish broke his mop mission duck last night, he was on 11 mops, but with some nice fish in the bag last night, maybe the 1lb'ers run is over, he's on 14 so far. :yes: :yes:

13. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

2 more down 39 left

14. Baramundi Bob

Well done guys. A few cod being caught now.

15. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

at last broke my duck at rhb the other night. its taken a while. dont think ive ever worked so hard for a fish

16. langy

langy Rockling

Don't worry your not alone dan :whistle: hoping to get me first one in the match tomorrow(John Smiths) :wink: :happy: :happy:

17. Steve

Steve Rockling

at last im off the mark. got 2 mops up bemmo tonight

18. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Just the 1 last nite.............44 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Baramundi Bob

1 tonight (and what a horrible horrible night it was)

9 To Go.

20. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

you deserved more than one going out in that glenn. You must be mad lol.

nearly 2 months for you to get another 9, your making it look easy :wink: