1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks again Rupert

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rdngd, Sep 21, 2014.

1. rdngd

rdngd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

During my summer break from doing Fishing Holidays in the Florida Keys ( yes I am a hurricane wimp ) I have found a local who can more than top up my fishing adrenalin in Rupert Dury. So when he told me about a local mark that had this year given him a 14 lb pollock and this Saturday looked like a goer the answer was a big yes. A very early start for me 4 am but I am used to this my alarm in Florida is sett for 3 am all tarpon season and I love driving in the dark. Arriving at Brid not the best of weather damp and light rain but the wind was just about OK so first stop live sand ell then a long about half an hour the man said more like and hour and baits down. Rupert had a fish on the first drop and soon I joined the fun and boy what fun we even had fish take the baits on the surface with the leads out of the water. The fishing was non stop no small fish all on or near doubles and most went back but a few were taken and I agree pollock make fine fish pie. With the weather taking a turn for the worse of back to see if we could get a bass for " her in doors " which again with Rupert's skill we did and I even managed a thornie as Rupert was gutting the fish one of my best on a plate fish.
    So yet again all boxes ticked and again a massive thanks to Rupert and at last he is talking about a trip to Florida to let me tick his boxes.

[​IMG]

2. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good to see the summer fishing hasn't quite finished, top fishing & great photo :)

3. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Rodney & Rupert some class fish caught there

4. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Well done some nice fish there

Regards
    John

5. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

Very good and a great photo, well done, the season feels like it's gone all to quick but sod it fishing through winter anyway!! :D