1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tees barrage coming on well

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by harrythecod, Feb 8, 2011.

1. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I had a walk along to the Teesbarrage yesterday and it was nice to see that i gate was releasing freshwater into the salty water then i saw that the old fish passage had a free run if any fish had climbed the ladder. Couldnt get near the new course because work was still takeing place. It was low tide so their was no rods out and i couldnt see any seals, wonder where they are feeding.

2. lochbois

lochbois Guest

They are real anglers, i was told yesterday.
    I got into conversation with a lad whos uncle has one of them boats in the freshwater side of the barrage.
    He told me they only open the gates when the salmon are in season. They all have full salmon licences and fully dressed flies.
    Poor lad i had to tell him the dog wanted to go home.
    There still seems to be a small group of anglers that fish right up to the wall which from what the E/A told me is illegal.
    I have me car tested now so i think i will have a run up to Egglestone where my friend has a caravan and the fish spawn at the bottom of his garden.

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I have to say i was happy when i saw the water flowing in the course for the first time.
    I was happy to see plenty of people useing the course.
    There looked a nice holding pool after the last rapids but i never saw a fish because the bloody canouse were practicing their rolls in the water and would have probably been disturbing any resting fish wanting to swim the falls.
    It Was low water on the main river so i could not watch the anglers fishing for a migrateing fish.
    Down at the old boat turning point i sat and watched a few fish lying in the rocks and my old mate and one of his offspring were intrested in what my little pup was running up and down for.
    Got home and the Evening Gazette had printed my little story about the progress that hopefully we are going to see :wink: :happy:.