1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tangles Scarb Report (Kayak) 14th Jan 2014 - With Pictures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MidlandYakker, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

First of all, apologies for the quality of the pictures. In some the light was poor and others the camera had water on the lens.

Arrived at Scarborough 9pm the night before and parked up in South Bay car park for the night (£6 for 24hrs) Supped a couple of beers and decided to tie a few extra rigs as It can be a tackle hungry place. I did wonder if it was a good idea parking there but as it was a Monday night I thought it would be quiet. Was ok, I only heard 2 local boy racers pass through and didn't hang about (luckily!)

Mike arrived about 06:30 shortly followed by Hoggy. We were on the water for first light about 07:45.

[​IMG]

Paddled out about a mile-ish and dropped anchor. First drop I was into coddling, shortly followed by Mike. Hoggy moved more into the gully and was then also into them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a move and caught more in the 2.5-3.5lb range before Mike got cold and called it a day. Me and Hoggy set off in search of another gully and anchored up where it dropped from 26ft to 32ft and rough ground. Nothing for the first 10 minutes and we wondered if we'd made a bad choice until bang, we were both in. It was relentless then for about half hour with both rods bending over. Just couldn't bait up quick enough. Hoggy pulled up a cracker of 8 3/4 lb and I thought I had one to match..... only to be disappointed by seeing two coddling on the same trace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We fished until about 3:30pm and as the light was fading we came in. 20ish fish each and I kept 14. Hoggy had the big ones today and Mike's was good too (not sure of the weight?)

Great day out.... some more pictures of the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Quality report, well done some nice fish

3. Howard

Howard Blenny

Great fishing there must be lots of fish on the ground out of casting range good signs thanks for sharing.

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done boys,nice stamp of fish of the famous scarborough cod grounds

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Brilliant stuff Ian, this time of year certainly sorts the men from the boys, top fishing....