1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TANGLES, JOCKS AND SOME NICE FISH (Topic has pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by big cliff, Nov 22, 2010.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

We returned yesterday from three days in the cod mecca that is north east scotland , G J W , HARRYCOD and myself booked a
    nice cottage in Johnshaven a village a few miles north of Arbroath , our first session took us to Tangle Ha a mark a couple of miles north of ST CYRUS where we had a couple of fish each best around 3.5 lb it was chucking it down with rain and small bits
    of weed became a problem , in GJW case it was polly bags he landed more than a Tescos Superstore would have got through
    in a day , OH how he laughed !!!!!!! :laugh: , The following day took us to Johnshaven breakwater and what a good mark that is
    we had plenty of cod up to 7lb 9 oz , thanks to Harrycod , Garry took one of 7lb 7oz , my best going just short of 6lb , we had several cod between 5 and 6lb , we then moved onto the blow hole at Usan Mains where we took 15 cod best 6lb , Saturday
    took us to Elephant Rock near Boddin point where again we had a good session with several nice fish , On Sunday we met up
    with a forum member Tangle Jock and his son Christopher at Boddin point , and what a nice experience that was :yes: , we settled for the same mark we had fished the day before , we had a really good day Gary landed the best fish of 6lb 12 oz we had
    several other good fish Dave managed to bag himself a cod and has a new mark to fish , all to soon it was time to head back home
    it was a foul night to drive home but we had some great memories to spur us on, roll on the next time , Gary and Harry no doubt will be posting some pictures :yes:

2. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Re: TANGLES --- JOCKS --- AND SOME NICE FISH

Well done to you all,some great fishing there lads.I was just wondering what Gary was up to having not heard any reports from him.Just out of curiosity Alan,why didn't you fish the usual Arbroath marks?

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

We couldnt get our usual cottage just outside of arbroath , but most of our fishing is done a few miles north of Arbroath apart
    from Vicky Park and occasionally Arbroath pier

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Al........................

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Well done lads, top work :yes:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice report Alan, look forward to the pics. Sounds like you've all had a great time with some canny fish, at least Gary could provide the carrier bags for the fish :laugh:

7. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

great report alan, well done on the fish boys, like always.

cheers lee

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Cod Fishing In Arbroath

What a weekend , got the call on tuesday, do you fancy a run up to scotland,
    couldnt get my gear packed fast enough, :yes:

Garry and Alan picked me up 9-30am thursday, the forecast couldn have been much better,
    a nice big south easterly was blowing and a good swell comeing in to the Arbroath coast,it was late afternoon and dark when we got there after a long wet run north,

we unpacked at our cottage , made some grub up for our late tea then hit the beach at Tangle ha,
    i must than Garry and Alan for inviting me to join them , great mates to have :yes:

first cast and i was into a fish the tide was an hour into the flood and a big sea was breaking on the reef 200yds off the beach,
    [​IMG]

Alans first attempt, :whistle: yes thats me in there :laugh:

thats better
    [​IMG]
    and then one for Alan
    [​IMG]
    and one for Garryafter he had cleared the sea of plastic bags :whistle:
    [​IMG]
    we had another couple of fish from there then it was back to the cottage,
    a can of beer and bed ,
    it had been a long day and i was knackred, Alan was ready for bed as well, he is getting on a bit :tired: next day we looked at gouden but it was a bit to tight to squeeze in so we opted for Johnshaven,
    what a result it was a fish a cast for about four hours of the flood then it went a bit quiet,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

there was plenty more like that the bites were thick and fast so it was unhook and back in,
    not to much time for photo shots
    next day it was usan to get the treatment again it didnt let us down with plenty of fish to 7lb13

[​IMG]

Garry has more photo,s of this sestion, hope his camera is ok it was playing up a bit ,

Elephant rock was next in line , it is a well known venue by many once again the fish obliged,
    baits were , blacks and cart, blacks and whites, blacks and mussel, gare lug and talpies,
    razor clam cocktails, crab and cart , just about any bait you put in they took it ,

Alan into a nice fish,[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can just see the elephant behind Garry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

back to Johnshaven next day and another bumper session
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on the sunday we met up with Tangle jock and his son , Dave ,and Christopher,
    Alan took them under his wing and gave them the benefit if his knowledge,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    one of Garrys superb Baits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

well thats it for now lads and lasses, garry will put up a more thorugh report ,
    once again thanks for the invite to experience the great fishing north of the border.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

thanks for putting it in the right box :embarrass:

10. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Well done lads-great to be out and trying new spots. My mate was recently up Arbroath and he beat his previous P.B with a double figure cod.
    Mick.

11. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Top report there Harry,always nice to read about the fishing up there.Looks like you had a great time there,well done

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Wow what a superb outing. Well done to you all and thanks for sharing.

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes had a really good time, plenty of Cod and banter by the bucket load... :yes:. I really love fishing the rugged cod marks of North East Scotland really is the rough ground anglers paradise but you must be prepared to lose a little tackle ... :yes:

A few pics from the trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We met up with forum member TangleJock (David) and his son Christopher from Dundee for a cod session at Elephant Rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all a great couple of days fishing with good company, it was really nice to meet up with David and Christopher and hopefully meet up again on our future trips...

Tightlines..

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done lads top report again :yes:

15. andyp

andyp New Member

Very well done lads,exellent stuff and top notch report.

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

MY EYES MY EYES!!!! Gary that smock is super orange!! :laugh:

Excellent pics there lads, fav are the pics of the biggest you all had. The pic of Harry asleep with the 7bler as a beauty :laugh:

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Some really good photos there GarY and Harry , we had a good time without wall to wall fishing we managed 54 cod between us GJW being the top rod , it would be nice to get back up there before the winter is out

18. bow1

bow1 Rockling

nice report lads,good fishing well done to you all

19. congerball

congerball Blenny

Great report lads. some cracking fish there. Love to have a run up there one day. Top fishing

20. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Well done fellas you certainly made it worth your travelling effort with some cracking fish :yes: :yes: