1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swell Direction - Your Best Guess ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

So what direction do you think the swell has been coming from over the past 2 days ?

2. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Looking at last night ESE ?

3. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I think there was a fair bit of east in it

5. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Mostly east i wud say

6. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

[​IMG]

Easterly at Filey plenty of it this morning wind was southerly so swell died away a lot as day went on still a bit there though for tonight. pic was yesterday high water

7. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Just south of east I'd say today

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sth east at Cloughton and deffo sth east at Flambro tonight. I bumped into the 50 CC leader who was walking off the cliffs with an empty fish bag ! But he was off to take Bemmo apart again and from a source nearby I think there is a few more to be going onto his tally ! The lad is on fire at the cliffs.

9. Baramundi Bob

Near enough straight east. Taken from Cefas wave bouys which give exact data.

[​IMG]

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i've fished port long enough and in many many, se'ly seas to know that was a true sou easter swell, it was thick with colour, comin at yah from kness, and port allways fishes well in a sou easter, wich it did, sort of, because i should have had twice as many fish tonight, and the fish were there straight away in daylight , i got down there and paul garbutt wass allready into his first cast, i joined him and had a fish first cast, he rebaited and had a fish on his 2nd, both in daylight, both nice 4-5lb fish,, you dont get that amount of colour down there on an easterly swell :no:

11. Baramundi Bob

These are wave bouys Paul, they give live accurate data (Not predictions or guesswork like magic seaweed). One near the bell bouy at Whitby and one out off Hartlerpool. Both showed due east for the last 2 days.