1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swale Chub

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by piere, Nov 6, 2012.

1. piere

piere New Member

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Chub on the Swale since the big flood. I hope its just me haveing a bad run but I havent seen anyone else catch one either. Please tell me I,m on a bad run and you are all still catching.

2. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Fished topcliff for pike today, couple of rods were clubbing left without a knock, but water temp dropped rapidly after snowmelt at weekend that cud of knocked them of there stride not a touch for me of esox trying asenby tomorrow fingers xed :yes: :yes:

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Funnily enough, i didnt contact a single chub on the Swale this year, but got my target fish, the barbel ok. The Tees was far superior for chub this year for me, and i just put it down to me doing something wrong on the Swale. Glad you brought the thread up mate.

4. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I know a couple of las hitting into the Swale chub at the mo, they are still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. piere

piere New Member

Thanks for the replies. Its good to know they are still out there.

6. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Pike fished topcliff last jan had PB brace of chub out on 8" lamprey sections went 5lb 4oz n 5lb 10oz not a bad session but at time was frustrated as blanked piking :crazy: :crazy:

7. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Fished Northallerton stretch above Morton bridge yesterday with the nephew, he had one about 2.5lb and a niece trout. I had one about 1lb and lost a bigger fish off. Definite lack of chub on the pegs I expected them on this time of year.