1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swale again

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by alan whitwell, Jun 28, 2014.

1. alan whitwell

alan whitwell Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well I had a visit on my local bit of the swale again Wednesday night and what a night it was, I decided on tip fishin using meat and pellet and feedin hemp along with my hook bait choices, everything looked good weather nice and warm and really overcast, any how I was straight in to the chub on hair rigged 10mm cubes of meat, all chub averaging between 3-5lb, I had 3 fish straight off before they backed off, so I switched over to a 12mm halibut pellet well what a result the rod tip slammed straight round and allhell broke loose, barbel on, after a 15 minute battle a lovely 8.5lb barbel laid in the net and my first of the season,after the barbel it went quiet for half an hour or so, but still knew ther was fish there I was still gettin little taps so the signs were still there, eventually the tip slammed over again and the chub were back on the feed, I fished on in to dark and finished my little session about 11ish finishing off with 11 chub and 1 barbel, sorry about photo quality its off my phone, all fish arnt in the pictures as returned to photograph before it got to dark and other fish were caught after photos taken, mint little session, tightlines all

Attached Files:

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats brilliant mate! Well done

3. alan whitwell

Thanks jimlad our stretch which is Northallerton club water has started really well this year the fish are in huge shoals and havnt spread out yet so theres chance for some really big nets of fish :)

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Smashing fishing Al. Well done on a great start to the season.

5. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Alan pm sent cheers

6. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Was that above or below the bridge ? I had a good opening day on the Scruton stretch best fish well over 5lb and smashed up by 2 Barbel that managed to charge through the rapids. Fished same pegs yesterday only managing a decent brownie and loosing a chub. The chub seemed very nervous but there was a family of goosander with about 6 or 8 young moving about on the river.

7. alan whitwell

It were peg 36 scruton end bobthedog, have a good walk around bud you will find them its solid with fish in all the 30's and 40's, give us a shout and I'll have a walk with ya show ya some pegs were they all live mate, thanks for all your kibd comments lads

8. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Thanks for the info, normally fish that area myself but thought I'd give the low number pegs a go as they used to produce early season. The river has changed so much these last few years especially around peg 3 area and the black hole.

9. alan whitwell

No worries mate, normally a good area peg3 start of season an all, I no what you mean aswell some of the swims are unrecognisable