1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SW Scotland Marks

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Marks - Photos And Information' started by Lindisfarne, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Port Logan

Probably one of the best venues in the UK for a species hunt in your kayak. Anything can turn up here. The banks straight out from the harbour will produce Haddock, Plaice, Cod, Ling, Dab, Herring.....the list is endless. Turn South from the bay towards Clanyard bay and there's some nice Pollock fishing to be had.

The beach at Logan will produce flounder and the odd Plaice with some nice Bass turning up during onshore winds.

Shore fishing the seaward side of the pier wall will produce Wrasse, Pollock and dogfish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Its a beautiful place that, thoroughly enjoyed our evening there :happy: . Amazing photographs as normal Neil :happy:

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I put a post on here a couple of days back Glen ,it,s gone missing :confused:

4. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

It certainly is a fantastic piece of coast line...I think we need to have a day from Logan next year Ken, Ardwell back bay is just up round the corner towards Port Patrick, you should see the Mullet that frequent that beach.... :surprise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Infact the last time I launched there there was a women in the sea swimming with her labradors, nothing wrong with that you may think. But the labs were'nt the only puppies that were swimming free... :whistle:

Neil.