1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Zonk - Lots Of Bass On My New Plug

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 28, 2010.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Decided to splash the cash a bit and recently bought some £20 plugs from veals, tried my zonk a few times and caught well, tonight it went into overdrive - had 8 bass returned 2 all from shore the biggest about 5lb, a real cat and mouse affair with this bass, perched on a high rock the lure was at the end of retrieve, I had to lift rod to bring it over a rock, it was then, just as I was about to lift it out I noticed a big fish coming like the clappers, next cast it swirled and missed, didn't think it would have another go, but when I got lure into killing zone it attacked again, this time well hooked, it was so near to edge I fought the fish in about a foot of water, it was so mad it hardly noticed that it had beached itself, one word sums up this bass fishing, visual, you just don't get that with pollock/cod, a grand night

ps before anybody asks I aren't telling anyone venue :no:, good hunting

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Super Zonk

A proper session, quality yet again Iain. I think we need to swap some venue info :cheesy: :laugh:.

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

excellent session quint..your certainly finding the better fish now bud! very well done

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice one mr mole , looking good :yes:

5. grimreaper

grimreaper Blenny

Some great fish Iain . I'm going to give lure fishing a go ? Last time I tryed casting a lure (about 20 years ago) all I got was a mess of line? have you any pointers I think it was because I was using a old 8' spinning rod?

Simon

6. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Great fishing mate. What colour was your zonk? I've been trying with a pearl colour, and I think it scares the fish off!!!

7. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Mines pearl Biscuit, going to order another though as a spare, can't beat some proper bass bling

8. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Bloody typical! I tell you, I put it past the nose of a fish I could see with its back out of the water, and it wouldn't so much as follow it.

Must be me that scares them off!

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 moley, thats a proper sesh fella........

10. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

quality fish mate ...

mick

11. robq

robq Rockling

Holey moley :surprise: :surprise:

What a session !!

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done iain.

13. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

night to remember that mate, some quality fish as well- don't blame you for not revealing your mark either, otherwise mr netter and his shore buddies would move in

14. Maxie

Maxie New Member

some good fish there quint anyone would be happy with that.

15. robq

robq Rockling

Just a quick point Iain !!

When you do your fish shot next time, can you please line them up in order of size please ??

You have a bigger one at the bottom and it looks odd :yes:

It does my OCD no good at all and I doubt that I will sleep tonight worrying about it :crazy: :crazy:

16. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great result well done

17. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff ian :cool: :educated:
    I can see a piece of fibreglass bling coming up for sale shortly :whistle: :kiss:
    By the way. your secret is out,i recognised that blade of grass instantly,you should be far more carefull :cheesy: :gum: tight lines

18. newdave

newdave Guest

Well done again Bass Miester :yes:

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I was thinking the same mart, it just looks like that place just south of Scotland.

20. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Well done Iain cracking session AGAIN :yes:
    At the moment you are the bass king of the North East Coast :yes:
    Closely followed by Glenn and co :yes:
    It wil be very interesting to see who is top dog friday night in the match :surprise: