1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday's yakkin session...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Matty, Ben and myself had an afternoons kayaking yesterday in search of a few Cod. Matty had arrived a few hours before me (I was late, oops) and had already bagged a few 4lb+ Cod so at least we knew there were one or two about. The wind made it slightly uncomfortable but nothing to dodgy so we hung around until the tide picked up. Managed to get in a few good drifts before snapping my rod in two places! Almost smashed my glasses as the reel flew back into my face! :hurt: :nerd:

I landed a few Cod with the biggest going to 7lb 12oz, the fish was probably the length of a 5lber but it had a HUGE gut so obviously been eating well! Also landed a small Pouting, my first this year. Ben landed a Cod and Ling and Matty finished off on 3 or 4 Cod

Biggest of the day, holding closer to the camera helps make it look a little bigger :wink: :embarrass:

[​IMG]

The usual Cod/hatch shot

[​IMG]

Also fished Saturday as well, it was hard work but managed a few 3lb Cod and a 3.5-4lb Ling. Ben and Corkyballs had a few good fish as well.

2. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LOOK AT THE BELLY ON IT!!!!!
    (and the fish is a bit portly too)

good catch that sam, his days of rolling around the sea bed are over, its been a bit like hard work down there at the moment but the rewards are there
    Nice one

3. raymo

raymo New Member

nice fish that sam...well done...

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done sam :yes: i have seen a fish like that before??? (matty) football fish was it like mattys but a little smaller. but still a fantastic fish sam. well done to you all

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

well done Sam...

6. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one sam,

thats one fat fish

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done sam, great fish.

8. bigfat

bigfat New Member

look at the belly !!!!!,its like mine :laugh:

9. Fishaman07

Fishaman07 New Member

Nice fishes well done... :cool:

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one lads , well worth the effort ....

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one Lads.. :cool: :cool: Sam you certainly have the knack of finding them better ones.. :yes: