1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday recce / Goat track

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lynn_M, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Spent yesterday doing a recce with my better half dazz_m from Skinningrove down to Whitby and boy i didnt realise how unfit i am :eek:
    went on to Hummersea thats a killer coming back up lol !! then we went to Boulby which confirmed my suspicions that some of you are nuts going down that ;D

i stood at the top with my knees knocking whist dazz went so far down pmsl !

he then took me down Port Mulgrave as id said that i wanted to go down in the daylight before going down in the dark to fish.

Had a good look at a couple of other places from the cliff tops then headed to where i wanted to go which was the goat track , absolutley beautiful down there and wished id took my camera down there as the sun was starting to set , tide was in and would have made for a lovely long exposure 8)

however the question i want to ask is how the tide comes in and if there are any cut off points as because it was the first time we had been down there we ended up going back down there again last night in the intentions of fishing but after getting to the bottom we didnt realise how far out the sea was and as far as i could see , the right side looked as though it was creeping faster in than the middle to left (looking out) and didnt want to start only to find out we couldnt get back to the steps.

We are a good 40 mins on a good run away so next time we can get across in daylight would be the weekend so if anyone can give me any info either on here or even pm it would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Lynn :)

2. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi there,
    High tide just leaves the area at the bottom of those steps.
    You cannot really go right of the steps.
    You can go left, but it comes up to the cliffs on highs, so no going round that corner near top of flood.
    On a low high, in dead flat seas, you can edge along to that headland, but better not to in winter, even if you think you can.
    On the highs, many fish from those cliff tops to the right, all the way round headland into Sandsend bay. There is a thread on forum listing the marks. Not fished tops myself, and only bottom in summer.
    Good luck.

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I was down.there fishing last night it's not bad for cutting you off providing you don't.go round the next headland when the tide pushes you off the scar you can.walk off to the steps it's pretty safe no surprises cutting you.off we you should of.fished we had.10 and.lost.6 more between 2 of.us last night I thort I saw.a light last night we were round the corner

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Lovelly conditions for there last night Ben, felt you would have done ok.

5. Lynn_M

Thanks guys :D aw wish id stayed now lol :( Lawsy was that your motor in car park at the bottom of the steps? i thought id seen a headtorch aswell, i was about 10 paces infront of dazz on the way back that tunnel looks pretty eerie on a night :eek: mind started running into overtime then i was thinking dog soilders and hills have eyes lmao ! ;) I do fancy fishing from those cliffs though, nice peaceful night time view :)

6. Baramundi Bob

Don't worry about hills have eyes. Its pad pad that will get you.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

7. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

pad pad??

mick

8. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Wait until the Vixens start calling :eek: :eek:

9. Lynn_M

Whats pad pad lol ? and vixens ? oh my days haha ;D

10. Baramundi Bob

Do a site search using the search facility above :eek:

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

11. Lynn_M

Half man, half goat :eek: i reckon you lot have been taking trips to Narnia and hanging out with Mr Thomnas or whatever he's called instead of fishing pmsl ;D however i will probs sh*t myself even more now haha ! keep fishing Lynn , keep fishing ignore the stories .......... ;)

12. Baramundi Bob

Lynn, is that you in your picture ?

13. Baramundi Bob

Oh yeah the goat Track. Nice if the swell direction has east in it. But then there is pennock nab where you want it flat calm. Most of the fishing is either at bottom of track or off to your left up towards Goldsborough.

Youve got Pennock Nab which is good on a big ebb when its flat calm fishing over low water. You should be able to get yourself a fish out of here any calm night so long as you get on the clear flat scar and cast into the thick kelp over towards the boliers.

Then youve got a nice little mark at the back of pennock nab which fishes on a small flooding tide. Cast down the side of all the big rocks as the tide comes in. You can stay here most way to top of tide on a neap. on a larger tide you may get cut off for an hour or 2 over high tide.

Lawsey knows the marks near the boilers, and occasionally he takes Ray who shows him how to get the double figure cod out.

The bottom of the goat track into the main hole around ninty cock rock is best on an incoming tide. Then move to the bottom of the track as tide comes in. Nice when swell has east in it. But also good on a big northerly. Once you get to high tide the better fishing can be off the cliff top at Bernies ledge.

14. Lynn_M

Yup that be me :)

Thanks Glenn im looking forward to getting back down there, along with pad pad ;D haha Lawsey give us a shout when your next down there :)

15. bow1

bow1 Rockling

come on mick give your head a shake,never heard of pad pad before????

16. Baramundi Bob

Well if ever you need pointing in the right direction, just ask ;D

17. bucko

bucko New Member

Pad Pad- Believe!!!
    Tis the season of the goat- loads of washing lines getting raided in Sandsend.

18. Baramundi Bob

Have you got your picture of pad pad Ian ?

19. bucko

bucko New Member

It'll bring back the night fear but.......
    [​IMG]

I hear he's wearing Vass these days ;)

20. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ha ha class.
    thats good info glenn. cheers