1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sunday lunch in Whitby

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by harrythecod, Jul 12, 2014.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

can any one suggest a place around Whitby for a good sunday
    i am sick of going to the same place at Great Ayton,

even though it is great , nothing fancy with a fancy price tag, just good quality food in a clean tidy pub
    and at a fair price , thanks , soory but didn,t know where to post this so put it here 8)

2. ginger274

ginger274 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Harry
    Best place me and wife like is the Stables on way in to whiby. Local produce excellently cooked and decent price.
    Another place on way to whitby off moors is the Watermill always packed and grade 1 meat with local produce. Try any of these and you won't be disapointed. ;) ;D
    Ian.

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thanks Ian ,will give them the once over 8)

4. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

I realy rate the post gate inn at Egton. Sunday lunch is just how Sunday lunch should be. All cooked fresh, non of your aunt Bessie frozen yorkshires. Tons of of fresh veg (as much as you want). The roast is always quality and not skimped either. Great real ales too. Not overpriced, the perfect place for Sunday lunch. By the way, it's a good idea to book too as it's a popular place.
    BPBP

5. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hot counter sainsbury 3 quid. Why pay for summat. At tourist rates that hasn't been cooked with care

6. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

I always stop and eat at the Golden Lion in Osmotherley on the way home after a day's fishing. Brilliant fresh, local food and a good range of well kept beers.

7. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Black bull at Ugthorpe or Ellerby hotel, Ellerby not had a anything to complain about at either of them.

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

where did you go in the end harry,marks out of ten please lol

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Kaskane in Skinningrove Harry. Just opened and excellent ;)

10. Mark

Mark Blenny

Hi Harry , I know it's a bit late but when I've been upto to the inlaws at saltburn we used to go to the water wheel on the moors. A great carvery and an oldy worldly pub. Great value.

Cheers mark

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

The wife changed her mind about Whitby and we ended up going to the Black Bull at Great Smeaton near northallerton,
    had a drive round the countryside for a change ,

i will be trying out some of the places you have mentioned, oh and i give the Black Bull 8 out of ten ,
    the apple tart was warmed in a microwave i think, but the Pork and Turky were first rate with plenty of veg in a seperate dish,