1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer swell

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craig t, Aug 18, 2014.

1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

So it looks like we are going to have swell for the rest of this week,so is anyone going to have a go with the heavy winter gear or are you refusing to enter winter mode just yet and hanging on to a quickly fading summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had a crack tonight on WW with heavy gear and a full squid bait. 4 cod two of which were keepers , it felt like winter as well in the rain lol I must say I enjoyed it and have the bug now early :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

3. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Haha,

Im still holding out some hope for the summer me Craig !!

I reckon these rough seas will bring the big uns in, we could be baggin up :)

Im not holding out much hope for our planned last trip up to the Mull, bank hol weekend though :(

Still got to sort out the pics we got when we were up for the week but Im struggling to find the enthusiam as theyre mostly just pics of our Dan with all his bass and none of me :-[

I do wanna try to get a couple more before the summer is done though, we had bass on plugs till back end of september last year, just got to get some ok conditions. I think if I dont get at least one more to save some face im putting my morethan over my knee lol

4. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one mate it certainly felt winterly last night I like to have a few early sessions just to fine tune things more so because the heavy gear doesn't get used for most of the year

Yeah you hold on Hope Ben it would be nice to get a few more trips with the plugging gear before winter takes hold especially for you with you hibernating for six months I've lost intrest now with it being so poor hope the mull is kind to you for your last trip of the year.

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

well done mark, we sacked it last night because of the rain, but we should be out tonight the sea is still running with plenty of colour inside now

6. Mladds

I left half an hour before high and had that cod in pic, I reckon if we had stayed more where to be had, but was soaked at that stage and a bit soft still from summer lol

7. ash-ov-boro

ash-ov-boro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We went down skinny for about 10pm sea was pushing straight over the end so set the gear up and. Had a cast into the bay full off weed so we packed up on the way home went past saltburn stopped off set the gear up and it was the same story there just getting clumps of weed every chuck

Busted the tip ring on my kompressor so we packed up and went home.. will be out again Thursday

Well done with the fish mladds what was it like down whitby was there much weed about

8. Mladds

Was a good bit of weed, but of end towards right didn't seem as bad. Ash-ov-boro

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling