1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer festival predictions???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Harlo from Darlo, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

With the Whitby coast throwing up some impressive fish at the moment I am going to ask you to put your forum reputation on the line :wink: and predict the weight and species that will take the top spot this year??

I think it'll be a Ling of 29lb...What's your predictions???

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

25lb ling will be the winner, but wish I could say a 30lb cod, It just seems that stamp of cod never appears round here these days, and my other prediction is lots of swearing about the weather.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Could be anything this year you just get a feeling its all to play for boys £5000 cash a mega 1st prize looms some boats still got places so give it a whirl ,

http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/boats/

paul.

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

38lb but first place, 27lb ling second place and 23lb cod third ;)

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As long as I win I don't care :)

6. Harlo from Darlo

Don't we all Perry but go on and stick your neck out and make a prediction to see how good you are with being a local lad an all that.

7. jethro

jethro New Member

23lb 5oz Ling caught on Avante on the 30th June............................. (Yeah right!!!) :gum:

8. bullfish

bullfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

23lb ling or a halibut if I get my way! :wink:

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

34lb ling will win it ........been a gypo nd all that I have just looked in my tea leaves......anyone wanna buy any pegs ? :tease:

10. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

26lb Cod !!!! first, 22lb ling second .....but more to the point can anyone predict how many days the boats will actually get out and how many lost days there will be.......just over a week to go and feeling like a little lad waiting for Christmas Day........just hope I get the present that I asked for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

Because the weather pattern seems to be weeks behind previous years I think we might see a cod taking first place the really big lings seem to pop out in the Autumn festival but we don't really know what will happen and we all want to win that's the reason we enter and to be honest as a skipper I along with every other skipper wants to win and get there boat up in lights

regardless of financial gain the WCSA fishing festivals are as much a buzz for skippers as they are for the anglers there are lots of weekday places left on my boat and some weekends as I guess there are on many other boats see what's on offer here http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/angling-festival/

12. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

I'd normally say a Ling of about 20lb would win the Summer comp.

But with all the interest and hype over the exceptional recent catches of Halibut, it wouldn't surprise me if a boat went out with everyone targeting Halibut, then I would stick my neck out and say a Halibut of maybe 40Lb plus could take the top prize.

In any case I think this year will be very interesting.

BP

13. Harlo from Darlo

I think that Killer on sea otter 2 has a party booked on for this coming summer festerval that are specifically targeting the Halibut so watch this space as you never know,
    No mention of a big Pollock i see?
    What would happen I wonder If someone managed a shark as all fish have to be weighed on dry land or would an exception be made???

14. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

No sharks to be landed in the festival it's in the rules and a local bylaw see rules here http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/angling-festival/

15. Harlo from Darlo

Cheers Mick, So just the Halibut that will possibly be the heaviest fish we could see in the festerval.....unless any skippers know of any inshore conger spots? Now there's a thought?????

16. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any fish in the mid to high twenty's would be a good weight.
    But just as important, a good long spell of settled weather.
    So everybody booked on a trip gets a shot at the prize list.
    And all the anglers with plenty of fish, and big smiles on there faces.

17. simon22

simon22 Rockling

someone will get a halibut this year. 80lb

18. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

53Lb halibut will win caught on Shytorque on the 24th June @ about 13:45 - I hope....lol :butt:

19. Harlo from Darlo

Bloody hell Ace, not only are you predicting the species and weight your also naming the boat,date and time.....now there's confidence for you.You haven't mentioned what bait you'll be using or aren't you giving away any secrets mate :wink:

Good luck to all

20. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Now come on Harlo thats like asking a lady her age a question you should never ask.....lol

When are you out mate?
    and on which vessel will you be on?