1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Cod fishing in North East Scotland... What a great week.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Jul 19, 2010.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Summer Cod fishing report 2010...

[​IMG]

Well i really don't know were to start, its pobably best to start with thanking Alan (Big Cliff) Martin, Matty (Silver Fox) Andy (Andycodsnob) Dave (Crab Nut) for helping to make it a great week.. Cheers lads.

Well me and Matty set off early saturday morning, unfortunately Alan and Martin couldn't join us until the sunday because they were at a wedding. Me and Matty decided to fish a spot which i named the 5 yard shot, because basically thats all you need to cast, Alan can reach them if he clips down with a good wind behind him... :laugh:

Anyway what a cracking first session with Matty on fire pulling out cod after cod, i think he thought he had died and gone to cod heaven, it was priceless to see the enjoyment on his face, try as i may i couldn't catch him up, that first session was hectic and he pulled 15 cod upto 7lb 9oz, whilst i managed 12 cod and a conger and a coalfish...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matty really enjoyed catching cod on light tackle.

[​IMG]

Matty best at 7lb 9oz (Well done mate :cool:)

[​IMG]

Me with a 5lber.

A few more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of ocean kayakers paddled past just as Matty pulled in yet another cod, unfortunately it was deeply hooked, so he gave it to them for tea.

[​IMG]

A typical Rumness cod.

[​IMG]

Al show's us he can still pull them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the swell picked up during the week so we had to move to some of the spots that fish during rough conditions..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy with a fine cod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin with the best of the week at 9lb 4oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave (Crab Nut) gets in on the action..

[​IMG]

At the end of the rainbow there's a pot of cod..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Davey into a fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i am sure Alan will post a few more pics.

When i got home on saturday i went straight back up the west coast of Scotland because i had an invite to Join Keith (speno) Anth (Lavo) and John (garrens) to join them on a bass and a pollack sesh, first bass session i manage 9 to around 3lb with the others also getting in on the action and landing a few better fish to 5lb.. Thanks for the invite lads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i am of to bed now for a well earned sleep, think i am all fished out... :embarrass:

Tightlines

Gary

2. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

well done gaz on the report, fish and some cracking pictures, well done to you all, carn't wait for the mull hopefully some better weather. :cool:

cheers lee

3. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

That's one hell of a report lads,brilliant pictures looks like you all had a great time...credit to all concerned :yes:

4. deecee

deecee Blenny

Stunning report Gary - really envious. Well done to you all!

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

What can i say mate , you have got it all, :yes: some absolutelt brilliant photo,s , they say more than a thousand words, fantastic , hope we get them bass in september, :cool:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Belter of a report Gary, some cracking pics and fish to boot. Some of those Cod look fantastic with real nice colours. Well done everyone, bet you all enjoyed yourselves.

7. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and brilliant photo's! It looks the place to be!

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cheers for posting the pics gary. I had a fantastic time up there. I think it will have to be a regular thing :yes:

9. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Great report and fantastic pictures - some great looking cod.

Well done lads.

:happy:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great report as ever Gary with brill pictures, well done lads

11. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Amazing red cod, and bass to finish off with - looks fantastic.

12. mike33

mike33 New Member

Excellent report Gary those red cod are superb looking fish well done all of ya.
    Mike

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I would like to thank all the lads who made it such a memorable week , i just love it up there ----- As Gary said martin and me didnt get there
    till sunday went to a lovelly wedding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the saturday beats fishing lads :confused: :wink monday and tuesday were beautiful days fab weather and loads of fish wednesday was like january , thurs and friday were blustery all in all we had a really good weeks fishing , Matty had the biggest bag of cod in the day with 15 , martin bagged 13 in a day, both gary and myself managed 12
    cod on our best day, when martin got the best fish of 9lb 4 oz he waded out into water up to his neck to retrieve the fish it was almost dark as well, he must be bonkers, so very well done gary on your smashing post

14. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

brilliant fishing lads well done

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Just to confirm he is bonkers!!!

[​IMG]

The fish was well stuck and try as he may he just couldnt free it, I dont know if it was the thought of a good fish stuck and possibly going to die if it couldnt free itself, or that the thought it was a possible double figure cod to add to his collection which drove him to go swimming for it... But what ever the reason, fair play to the lad he freed the fish took a couple of pic's and let it swim away to fight another day...

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yep, well and truelly bonkers. Anothr great reportf rom wha looks like another lovely holiday north of the border. Thanks again Garry for sharing and taking the time to make such a comprehensive report. Without posts like this the forum quickly becomes very boring.

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A few of my pic's hope you like them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. johnboy_84

johnboy_84 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great report and photos Gary looked as if you lads had a unreal week fishing well done all round

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some great photo,s Alan, wish i had went the weekend before, but you never can tell what the weather is going to throw at you , that photo of Martin is brill, i think the excentricity runs in the family :wink: you all did well Alain just imagine what you would have done if the weather had stayed fine, :cool:

20. langy

langy Rockling

Cracking fish there lads, well done Gary on an amazing report as usual :D

Tight lines..Langy