1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strangest Thing You've Found Inside a Fish?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Basshunter, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

Thoughts of the forthcoming Summer Angling Festival reminded me of last year's event when a pulled up an eight pound cod which duly spat a mouthful of sprats and half a packet of Tunes at me when it hit the deck. Mentholyptus flavoured shads could be the new best thing!? :surprise:

2. pro angler

pro angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I caught a Haddock once with a syringe in its stomach..

Turns out it was a drug haddock.

3. jethro

jethro New Member

Back in the 80's I caught a cod with a empty pack of Embassy No10 Cigarettes in its stomach. I remember all the jokes about smoked Cod etc,,

Jethro

4. bucko

bucko New Member

'Owl Pellets' in a river trout.
    Its lie must have been just below a roost giving it a steady supply of second hand protein.

5. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

:crazy:thistles in a cod from redcar ore terminal many years ago :crazy:

6. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I don't have any stories of unusual objects that I've found inside fish that I've caught, but there's a beaut in The Sun today:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2277640/Fisherman-found-my-lost-phone-in-the-belly-of-a-25lb-cod-and-it-still-works-after-a-week-in-a-fish.html

7. bucko

bucko New Member

[​IMG]

8. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Once caught a cod on sandsend beach with a frog in it,and it was still alive.Think it must have being washed down one of the becks.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hope you took it back to its pond :laugh:

10. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Caught fish with strange things in them,but whats the strangest thing you caught a fish on.I once saw a kid catch a 25lb ling on two orange fruit pastles.

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

wasn't exactly inside,but i caught a cod on the end of spurn point with a treble hook attached to both top and bottom lip,it was the thinnest fish i've ever seen with the head of a cod and the body of an eel, :alien: god knows how it managed to get my hook in the corner of it's mouth but it did,the hook was really rusty i managed to take it out without harming the fish,then released it.......word must have got round in the marine world the week after i caught the biggest cod iv'e ever seen it weighed in at just under 26LBS :scared:...one good turn eh!!!!

12. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Carrying on from Mick's post, i too saw a pair of lads catch a carbon copy of Mick's Cod in the Humber at Makro in Hull. Funniest thing was, that the lad's hook had gone through the eye of the treble which was jammed in the Cod's mouth as he reeled in, and that's how he caught the fish. Totally wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't seen in.

No happy ending for this fish though. This clueless pair of lads, using what looked like size 4ish course fishing hooks and scraps of worm, insisted on keeping it because they 'might get another to go with it'. The morons wouldn't accept the fact that there was nothing to eat on it anyway, and that there was more more chance of platting p-ss than those two clowns catching another Cod. Still annoys me thinking about it to be honest.

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

One of my fecking hooks at the minute, sick of this weather.

I can feel an early season trip to the MOG coming on.

14. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Sea Mice.