1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

storm surge at whitby pier 2007, intersting photo result

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cod_dodger, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cod_dodger

cod_dodger New Member

i took this photo from up near the whale bones on an old mobile phone, the phone adjusted the light settings itself which i think gives a dramatic effect, it was only 3.2 mega pixel, i think it almost looks like its an old painting!
    anyways i'll let you guys decide

[​IMG]

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

looks like a victorian type photo to me ,very old looking :surprise:

3. snapperspike

snapperspike New Member

Very atmospheric, BUT, whose the noodle stood on the pier !!!! :scare: :scare:?????

Spike

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i like the pic its different and good. but dam who are them people on there there maybe looking for there marbells :scared: :nerd:

5. Tight lines

Tight lines New Member

funny how it does look like a painting :surprise:

6. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

so we have evidence on how glen got to 50 cod b4 anyone else :laugh:

7. cod_dodger

cod_dodger New Member

after giving it some thought, i think what look like people are actually the life belts attached to the pier railings,
    also that day the police and coastguard were out not letting folk anywhere near the sea, i found a bit of video from my phone i'll post soon showing how rough the sea was.
    i think this was the day that the boat tradegy also happened, possibly the day after, but the next night you couldn't swing a rod let alone a cat on the west pier for the the amount of guys fishing (after climbing over the storm gates) plus nobody could hold ground in the tide,it was a tangle fest, i do recall one geezer on the pier with a rod stand set up. i didn't see anybody catch anything apart from each other that night