1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storm Jointed Thunderstick - The most unlikly looking bass catcher on the market

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Recently I was slating the Storm Jointed Thunderstick as the worst looking bass lure on the market. I thought there is no way will you ever catch a bass on this lure. It looks cheap and nasty and resembles something more like a decoration for a christmas tree.

[​IMG]

In a session a couple of weeks ago I ditched it because I had no confidence in its catching abilities. On went the maria chase and within minutes Id lost it into the kelp. My only choice then was back on the the thunderstick. Several bass later and I thought the thing was marvelous, and at under a fiver a go you can afford to leave the odd one in the kelp.

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I have been saying that this is the ultimate bass lure since May Glenn. I have many different lures but over our kelp and scars I just dont think it can be beaten - it seems to work well at our paddling speed too.

3. Baramundi Bob

Hi Ken,

I even felt it didnt work very well in the water. Having watched mike troll the lure I was convinced it spent too much time above water than below it. It seems to break surface a hell of a lot. It looks like a sub surface/popper cross bread :laugh: :laugh: But yes the bass love the bloody thing. Why I dont know as it resembles nothing you would find in the sea :cheesy:

4. newdave

newdave Guest

Re: Storm Jointed Thunderstick - The most unlikly looking bass catcher on the ma

it casts pretty well also, i need another as the paints not that good & the bass teeth scrape it off :laugh:

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

wierd this is, reading this, i have a storm thunderstick silver, and i vowed never to tell any one about them, i have one seriously scratched moootha foooka, and it aint off rocks.

about seven years ago i decided to try plugging on a big low as close as i could to the hot water outfall at seaton carew, all the plugs i had previously done very well in that area(shadrap, skitterpops, rattlin fatraps etc), did nothing. stood four foot deep in waders i was determined to try everything......

i still have the same lure, £2.99 on the box, i caught seventeen bass on the little beaut, mostly schoolies, but i did get a four pounder that day.

sadly i have never repeated that awesome sesh, but will never forget about it :nerd:

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye its one of my favourites as I caught my first bass on one :happy:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Heard they were not available for a while - either not being manufactured or imported, not sure which. But were re-introduced earlier this year. Know of a couple of southern bass anglers were having to turn to the States to get hold of them.

8. Baramundi Bob

The states was a good option but the exchange rate just went the wrong way :sad: :sad:

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

they were in a cheap plaggy box, and a bit of cardboard,, im looking at mine now :whistle:

p.s bob, theres a post up above about asking forum members a question??? :scared: