1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stonefish finds out plugs are not just electrical

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by stonefish, Oct 2, 2011.

1. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

I am with out a dought the worlds worst bass angler :laugh:
    i seem to paddle past the bass to find cod and round the bass in search of pollock

The north west kayak anglers contacted me earlier this week to go to flamborough at the weekend :yes:
    we met fri night and put some tents up
    on saturday off we went to north landing for some cod fishing

ken met up with us and he went bassing

i got aproxx 25 mini cod i put back around thornwick and bempton
    and a 5lber for taking

some of the north west lads did real well Chris admin for north west had a 7lber
    and paul new had a good bag of biggins

i have been getting grief from my wife :canadian: for ages because all i bring home is cod and pollock :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

she wants a bass and I never retern with any :no:
    i hate to tell her i dont bother and go codding all day :laugh:

well sunday and i have been made to promise i would go bass fishing :angry: not coding :angry:

i dont have any lures but 1 so ken gave me 2 trolling type ones to use

WELL HER GOES OFF PLUGGING :wink:
    i towed them blinking lures from south landing to north landing and caught

1 kelp bed and 2 sea gulls :angry:

I thought now i should paddle over to ken and tell him his lures :angry: are working wrong coz i cant be me :laugh:

i paddled toward the mass of boats in front of the head i found ken pulling in a bass he had got 10 by that time :angry:

i told him that these were sea gull lures and not the bass ones he promised me! :sad:
    with that he gave me the rod and reel he was using and said thats catching head for spud (bless him) :yes: :happy:

i did i got to spud and he had had over 10

and said to me how many "none spud "

:sad: none head to that crab pot and you will have one before you get there :wink:

NO the pot came and went no bass for me :sad: :sad:

so i paddled into some tide and the rod went double aproxx 15 kayakers shouted fish FISH FISH :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

i was aware i ad got some thing somthing
    somthing huge massive and heavy
    it was as heavy as planet earth becasue indeed
    it was planet earth i had got

i said i have the bottom and every one said no Al thats a fish :confused: :confused:

you are using a top lure your at 27ft thats a fish :confused: :confused:

i knew it was the sea bed and matress i was pulling on :confused:
    no fish

we let line out and paddled up tide and pop
    a fish popped up
    a scholly who had hid from me round a rock :happy: :happy: :happy:
    [​IMG]
    i think ken got the moment on his helmet cam (exsuse the pun) :laugh:

well its not tea but a start i put the little feller back
    and went back to the same spot

BANG and a 3lber :happy: i clocked him and bagged him
    now i can go

i thought i will tow this rattely fake fish back to south landing i got loads more of varios sizes i put them back for the bass anglers to fight over :laugh:

but they were only were there was eddys and tide rip
    not smooth water they were none there :no:

i got back and gave my wife her fish she was happy :happy: and now i dont need to get another one for ages :happy: :wink:

i dont know about shore pluggin i dont do it
    i have caught lots of bass with bait on the shore

if she ever wants me to get another i think it will be pretty easy form the yak i need the right jigg plugs thing :wink: and need some swilling eddys in the tide
    and i think thats were is a lickly place :wink:

after packing up i headed to north landing to see how people were doing
    i saw fudge (mike coleman) in the car park
    i few weeks ago i saw him at the head and he said he had a reel i could have for a tenner :cheesy: i saw him and he gave me it today
    he gave me it and said pay him in to the next match
    A TRUE GENT CHEERS MIKE
    Al
    ps cheers ken for the loan of the bassin gear :wink:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one bud, finally crack it! (not without trying by the sounds of it!).

You'll be plague by Bass now :laugh:

3. mich

mich Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hallelujah, at long last, finally i have a bass for tea, happy as a happy thing :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:, hope this is the first of many :happy: :happy:, bet it won't be as nice as the one buzzlightyear gave me for my birthday at the yak meet :happy: :happy:

4. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done al excellent report
    you will be able to show me all the hot spots and technique needed to catch them bass next time iam down your way
    all the best jeff

5. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

i like cod jeff i still think the bass are big pikly spiny posh waver fish i will get her one when she wants one but im not going looking for em matey!
    i will searh for the cod and put my passion there :happy:
    i love catchin em love eaten em love letting the little ones go and hoping one day they will come back a pig
    i think i need to get a few plug fake fish rattles so when she starts asking again i can get her one! :laugh:

6. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

well done al on catching a some bass

7. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate allways good to keep on the other halfs good side
    I'm the same as you like my fish covered in batter so bass not at the top of my list alltho have spent the last to weekends trolling plugs round kettleness and and runswick in search of a few.
    Only managed one small one tho as the bloody big mackeral keep getting there first or the seagulls like to fly off with your plugs even got myself a string of lobster pots yesterday must of played them for ten minutes before the rope came up :angry:
    But its good to be out on the water fish or no fish

8. deandrew

deandrew Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great stuff al

entertaining as ever

Dean

9. TangleJock

TangleJock Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report - brought a few smiles as I read on. We have all been there, for one type of fish or another! Just goes to show, you just have to keep at it and with luck it WILL happen eventually.

Now you have cracked it, there will be lots more to follow. Now I just have to find myself a bass - what lure did you say you were using? :cheesy:

10. paulnewy

paulnewy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

11. mich

mich Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

12. spud

spud New Member

Well done Al :yes: Think you will find that you were paddling to fast mate you went past me on the plane don’t think the fish could catch up with you. Slow down a bit and let the plug do the work keep an eye on your rod tip when it’s vibrating its working and that’s fast enough. You must have been shattered doing the Mississippi paddle boat impression all day :laugh: