1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticky holderness yesterday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by tatch1, Jan 13, 2013.

1. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Myself batey & Andrew went on the holderness (Holdermess) yesterday heres a few pics sadly none of cod [​IMG] well & truly stuck [​IMG] Me & Andrew trying to get his waders back [​IMG] The end result of the tug o war the mud won :laugh: we ended up on our backs laughing [​IMG] A very muddy Andrew after managing to get out of his waders final result a rockling & two small whitings to batey blank for me & Andrew

2. baldy1

baldy1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

looks a bit claggy mate where were you going down that way on friday any tips would be helpfull :pray:

3. STRICKY

STRICKY Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Don't follow tatch :yes:

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

At most of the well known venues there are some spots to get down.....the golden rule is.....if you can t see footprints down to the beach then don t try and pioneer a route.....you will come a cropper.....the cliffs really are in a terrible state.

Out Newton there is one get down to the left of WHITE hOUSE BUT THE BOTTOM 10 FT IS SLOP

Dimmo ramp is ok but sloppy.

Holmpton......a couple of spots one just to the right of seaside road, the second about 100yds to the left.....footprints should show the way.

Tunstall ok.

Hilston road end.....no get down.

Most of the low cliff marks like east Newton, Sh!t Pipe, Runnels etc are fine.

Aldddbro lane end ...wet but do-able.

Cowden.....wet but a couple of spots ok.

Hope that helps. :wink:

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

good stuff worm, but its going to freeeeze :yes:,,, i was looking forward to a sesh on the beaches somewere but its snowing outside sods fooooookin law, i aint risking coming down there(i was there tomorrow), with all this snow forecast, anyway the sea is away again in a couple of days , shame i was really looking fwd to a beachsesh, but will have to put up with cowbar :yes:

6. baldy1

baldy1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for that jellyworm thinking of eastnewton whats it like to park there and is fresh worm best

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The parking at East Newton has been a hot topic of debate on the Holderness forum. Some lads have experienced a good service, others have had problems. A friend had the tyres on his car slashed when he parked on a roadside spot and not in the car park........I ll not comment my thoughts on that !

I ve used the car park and have had no problems but you do need to register with Parkmobile and you have to telephone or text when you park up.

Last time I went down that way a couple of weeks ago there was no beach at all and so I never fished. There is a decent beach at Aldbrough road end and you can also walk north 10 minutes to a good bit of beach in front of the old Cowden ranges.

This time of year fresh worm best, but unwashed squid has been taking fish .......when they put a show in that is !