1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staithes last night. report with pictures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Oct 16, 2012.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

me and Damo headed out to staithes in search of a better fish last night.

a quick dash from work and we were on crowbar jetty at 5.30.

first 3 casts and I had 2 cod straight in the bag while Damo entertained himself with the local rockling population.

around 7ish the lifeboat was whizzing around so we decided on a shift to simmy scar where we found the mystic one just setting up.

we'd never fished here before so lobbers gave some words of wisdom on where the fish would be. well would you believe it first 2 casts and another 2 fish while Damo and lobbers stood there faithless.

as the tide ebbed out further Damo got a fish around 2lb. this was when lobbers ment business with 3 fish in quick succession the biggest 5lb 11oz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Re: Staithes last night.

Nice 1 Dan, your 'Rockin' this year bud, keep it up fella......................

3. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads your certainly finding the fish.

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Good report Dan your certanly putting the time in and getting well rewarded. Keep up the good work bud.

Tighlines

5. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

saw ya all running about on simmy we were just over the road from you!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    4 fish jape had 2 for 13lb biggest 7lb, i had 2 fish and a little mop for 11lb and we lost a real good en each didnt want to go home !!!

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good report Dan nice to see a few fish about, well done Lobstick and there some better looking fish Bowesy

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one bowsey I'd have come and said hi if I knew it was you

8. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some great fish had there buddy :cool: will lad me a nice codling one of these days!!!!!!

Nev

9. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

So what made you all head to these marks? Here in Hillbilly Heaven I can't look out the window and see the sea state but there didn't seem to be anything on the forecasts that would have me put down the moonshine, grab a rod and lock up the shack - what is it that I'm not seeing?

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great report and pictures Dan. Your having a good run at the moment, keep it up. And thanks for going to the effort of taking some pics and actually doing a bit of typing. Shame a few others cant be bothered.

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437884752924961&set=a.355151677864936.78923.211560138890758&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

12. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

great write up and some cracking pictures, well done to you all for your efforts..some really lovely cod there...
    cheers
    Paul

13. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some nice fish agen lads and yet another good session. is this sea gonna stay till weekend?? i hope so, i can only make it out then :sad:

14. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks like you had a good night,nice one lads.