1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Mary's Fishing Club Tonight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lobbers has emailed me these pics of the catches in tonight's St Mary's match.

2. Baramundi Bob

If that fish had a body it would be a 20 pounder. What happened to its back end ??

Humpty dumpty fish killer calls them.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Aye its cetrtainly a stocky fooker , well off graft today and in two minds wether to go and use the rest of the lug i have left ova , were were were ..

4. Baramundi Bob

Lobbers just emailed me about the forum. Ive now signed him up and he should be logging in soon to tell us about his catch of 7 codling last night which helped him win st mary's club match.

PMSL he said the stumpy is Danny devitoes dad.

5. Baramundi Bob

How much did the bag weigh Paul ?

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i had 7 for 14lb odd mate, nowt like the stamp of fish you had sunday mate, i only had one good fish 5.5lb the rest were mops, but, which im sick of saying now, i lost an absolute monster.
    i was reading a post about the filey lads ,about a massive fish keeps getting the better of more than one angler or something, this has me thinking, that maybe i have hooked the same fish twice down port, the one that nearly took my eye out when the real handle snapped off, i just dont know, but what i do know is that i lost something special sunday night, i've had doubles down there, this was a real pig with fins, :'( :'( :'(i miss my TTR :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

paul ive been waiting for you to say what caused the rod to break?
    wasnt it under warranty

8. Baramundi Bob

We talked about the big fish at Flinton's tonight. Its been suggested it could be a conger. According to Dennis, years ago the same thing was happening at Cloughton then someone caught a big conger.

9. Lobbers

you were there mate, i sruck to retrieve my end and it snapped, dont know what caused it, would rather not go into it, what i would say is dont let it put you off century rods, i have used nowt else for 15 years and that was the first to let me down.

10. Lobbers

it defo could be a conger glen, my mate had a 16lb conger out of the kelp in the summer when we where fishing the newbiggin summer open, so it just goes to show they are there :eek:

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Cheers paul , was seriously thinking about a ttr big danny or wr 300 until i seen that happen ,although i wasnt totally put of century because of that ,thought it must of been a manufacturing fault or that it must of had a serious whack prior to it going ....
    gutted for you non the less .......

12. Baramundi Bob

Report and full details at :

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/angling/tm_headline=agony-and-ecstasy-for-brian%26method=full%26objectid=18569594%26siteid=109975-name_page.html

Brian Miller caught a cracking 7lb 8.5oz cod in the St Mary's match - but it wasn't enough to earn a top three spot and he lost a bigger one.

The drama unfolded at Runswick beach where he caught the biggest cod of the match but lost the better one when his line parted after a 15-minute battle.

Paul Lobley won with seven codling for 14lb 12.5oz from Port Mulgrave, in a match fished by 18, with seven weighing in a total of 20 codling.

Terry Dalton was runner-up with four codling for 12lb 12oz from Runswick, while Darren Dalton caught four for 10lb 15.5oz from Port Mulgrave.

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

i caught my PB cod on monday night at runswick.went back on tuesday and caught 2 more but lost a hell of a fish.i struck into the bite and started to wind in.got about 15 winds then the fish decided to turn and swim the opposite way.i took all my effort to stop it pulling the rod from my hands.had my drag set too tight and the fish pulled the hooks from its mouth and won the battle.went again on wednesday and caught 1 but hooked into a very big fish again.this time i didn't even budge the fish more than a couple of winds before it broke free again.the beast of bay is still out there and next time we get a decent sea on i will be there trying to tame it.

14. Baramundi Bob

There has been a lot said about the amount and stamp of fish about at the moment. Usually one size predominates. But at the moment there are lots of fish about anywhere between 1 and 8 pounds and then there is a fair sprinkling of doubles. I think we will see a few more fish over the magic 10 pound before the end of this season. Lets hope another is mine ;) :D