1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springer ding dong....

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Dav, May 6, 2012.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well after all the water the rivers have had i thought i would have a couple of steady hours this afternoon on one of our northern rivers . Me and me mate arrived ont he water around 12 noon to find the river was running around 6 " but clear . This didnt put us off as the water in question has abit of poke behind it, so for me it was about right ..
    We both spread out around 200 yds and started fishing . Within around 15 mins i hooked and landed a lovely looking jack pike around 4lb which i didnt really fancy capturing on camera so i just quickly un hooked it and returned it .
    I then moved abit further downstream to a lovely run out of a pool . within 3 casts a fish hit me and went ballistic, i intially thought it may of been a salmon , at that my mate shouted to tell me hed hooked a good salmon and needed help .. :cheesy: i shouted back ive also got what i thought was a salmon on :laugh:, after around 5mins i had a lovely spring salmon around 10lb on the bank . :cheesy: :cheesy: i quickle took a snapo of it which i wasnt to happy with and quickly returned it . i then ran upto me mate who was having a right balava and managed to tail his fish out . another lovely salmon possibly around 12lb .....Double hook up ....awsome
    My fish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pauls fish
    [​IMG]

We then left that section and concentrated further down stream which didnt really fish . we returned to the same sort of area were me and paul both had a trout around 1lb plus and i managed to land a cracking chubb of around 5lb plus which i couldnt resist taking a snap of, as it was by the far the biggest chubb ide ever caught . the girth of it was unreal .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided to call it a day as we were both happy after only 3 hresof gentle fishing and didnt really want to knacker ourselves out as we are fishing the till tommorow ... Fingers crossed we find some seatrout ....
    Over the moon after such a hectic session ..

2. andym

andym Rockling

Superb session and good pics well done

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cracking session Dav, real good sport there and some lovely fish. The Salmon look mint and that chub is fat!

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done David. Fully deserved!

5. seabass

seabass Blenny

Well done Dav it all seems worth it when thing,s come together like that, best
    of luck for tomorrow.

6. bucko

bucko New Member

A red letter day there Dav- well done.
    Proof that hard work and belief pay off.

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cracking session well done Dav-nice start to the season.

8. rupert

rupert Blenny

What fantastic fish!

A spring salmon with a silver sheen like those has got to be worth half a dozen caught in Autumn.

A big well done guys!

9. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well done to the pair of you , all that effort and hard work is paying off Dav.

Lovely Spring run fish and a cracking bonus chub. Good luck today.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thanks for the kind comments guys ..
    Update from todays exploits . i blanked and Paul managed to sneak a seatrout out pushing 2lb ....Another great day regardless . Its such a lovely spot
    Ian i spoke to brian regarding nightfishing up there and he reckons june onwards should be about right ...

11. bucko

bucko New Member

Aye- a day up there is a day well spent, fish or not!
    Let me know when you fancy a look up there mate- if its a Friday I have some mates on Flodden Syndicate who we can hook up with too.