1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPRING FESTIVAL TODAY 17TH

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Once again the forcast was wind for today so the lads had only one option the ankhor down under the cliffs the wrecking job didnt stand a chance today but the lads were keen to get out so we dropped the ankhor.
    Going back a few years ago in the spring festival we had to do the same thing to much wind for wrecking so dropped the ankhor and one lad lost a cod over 20 lb to seal he was gutted to say the least .
    The fishing today wasnt fast but we managed some codling nothing big and most fell to squid and worm but we did get a little surprize a smoothhound, at first i thought it was a spurdog but i soon realized it was smoothhound.

This got the first cod.

[​IMG]

Then his next fish was this smoothhound.

[​IMG]

My lad manged to nail a codling about 3lb.

[​IMG]

This steve hewitt gets his fisrt cod.

[​IMG]

Then gets the winner on the day.

[​IMG]

Eddie gets another codling on the last cast.

[​IMG]

1ST STEVE HEWITT COD 4LB 4OZ WINNING £50

2ND ANDY HOLMES COD 3LB 9 OZ WINNING £30

3RD STEVE HEWITT COD 3LB 5 OZ WINNING £20

PAUL.

2. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

At least you got out Paul. We get loads of double figure Smoothounds down here in the summer months, over sandy sea beds, with hermit crab being the best bait!. Hope the weather picks up by the weekend, and see you on board Sunday.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The weather tony is a nightmare at the moment one big low one after the other might get in the eye of the low this weekend so maybe light winds.

4. rik-cod

rik-cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fishing was a bit slow! but still a good day at the office
    but no mention of my pollock.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I think it was coalie buddy not a pollock.

paul.