1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Festival Round Up - Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Its been a while since my last update on here, even though we havent had an update for a while we have been working our socks off for the anglers on board Mistress.

The fishing has been generally good with the inshore wrecks coming into their own during the last few weeks,
    The Spring Festival as Im sure you have heard through Jims hard work as weigh master that we managed another win on Mistress.

The fishing was good on bait and shads and the winning fish indeed was caught on a 4" bright red sidewinder shad.
    saying that, many people during the festival scored well on bait, and surprisingly cart fished extremely well combined with the squid on the wrecks as it often does early on in the season.

Martin from Whitby Angling Supplies arranged a day with us and they had a great day, local lad John `mozzer' Morrison also joined that gang, they had a great day with plenty of fish caught by everyone.
    Martins Son Adam actually took the daily first that day with a nice cod just over 8lb

Adam with his daily winner
    [​IMG]

Adams pal Lewis Bradley from the Duke Of York joined us, he had a great day and took 12 or 13 cod himself,
    [​IMG]

A happy Martin caught a good few too in between helping out with the younger lads
    [​IMG]

Mozzer with a nice cod, he took a dozen fish for the day too
    [​IMG]

Another day full of banter with some of the local lads, plenty of fish for everyone Jack and John Vero also fished with us the same day young jack taking some nice fish.

Niki-lee Mccourt with one of hsi for the day
    [​IMG]

Young Jack with a couple of Belters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucker with one of his
    [​IMG]

Jib Jab has been pestering for ages to get this one up of his shad caught cod, the first on shad that day! well done mate!

[​IMG]

Carl Johnson fishes Whitby regularly, he got a few nice fish including this one!
    [​IMG]

Mike Kilheeney fished hard all day and was rewarded with a some nice fish including this from just at the back of three mile
    [​IMG]

Big Gary fishes Whitby alot also, got among the cod on his day and took over a dozen himself
    [​IMG]

The Icing on the cake over the event, Mike Dearing with his Festival Winner of 20lb 7.5oz, well done mike!
    [​IMG]

so folks, thats two festivals on the trot for us on Mistress now, we still have a few available dates on the next one. if youre interested drop me a line on 07977 436903

All the very best to you all for 2014

Rich

2. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

Well done rich u seem to always find that big one when it matters. As always had a great day out with u and look forward to the next trip out. :) :) :)

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one rich, a very good start to the year.

heres to a bumper summer

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Cheers Gary, always plenty of banter with you on board, I look forward to seeing you next time!

Cheers Dan, yes fingers crossed, the early signs are certainly looking good mate!

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done rich and mike was a good festival stacks of fish allround looks like a bumper year on the cod.

paul.

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yeah well done rich lets hope the promising start continues.
    fingers crossed

7. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Going for three in a row of W.C.S.A festivals in the big Summer one.
    Will have to stop supplying you with those lucky weigh in slips.

8. MrQuint

MrQuint Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done to Rich and the anglers a creditable performance.
    You must have found a few "cod nests" Rich.

All the best for the coming season.

Karl

9. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done to the winning angler and well done to rich for finding the fish. Thanks again for Saturday, unfortunately the fish didn't come in numbers but can't expect that every time .............. Good to see you posting again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Richand the fish catcher.just one thing Rich i have noticed a lot of the cod have blisters on em,i was on with dolly and two of my cod had to be chucked away worms in the flesh and i mean WORMS.any ideas whot it is

11. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Some excellent fish there Rich, very well done

12. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I think the fish are just a bit run down at the minute david, after spawning, once they start feeding and get their strength up they will be in a but better condition, there are only a few a day now like it, we are seeing some fresh looking fish coming through now

13. jackling

jackling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great fish can't wait for the year ahead I've only just started the shad fishing for the first time but I love it great fun

14. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cheers Rich,hope the fishing stays good 4 you

15. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

it certainly is jack, great fun on light gear, i use a 12/20 kenzaki for shading hardly know youre using it its so light