1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spottydog Tackle Shop-Photo Comp for May.

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by Jellyworm, May 3, 2008.

1. Maxie

Maxie New Member

mull of galloway area
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Good pics Maxie, is that first pic Dunskey castle?.... :happy:

The pic of the mull looks good for a few pollack nice and calm... :cool: It almost looks like an island in that pic.

3. Maxie

Maxie New Member

its west tarbet where some little brick huts are.

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

I know were you mean Maxie... :happy: did you try off the end of the Mull down by the cave or the buzzer area???

5. Maxie

Maxie New Member

ive fished the mull point on luce bay side we had heaps of fish but nothing over 2-3lb so thought maybe it had been hammered,i havent fished the west side and i dont know where buzzer is.
    we only started to go up last year so we are just getting to know places hopefully ill get up a bit this year a bit more.

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Spent a few nights down there Steve, great pictures!

7. Maxie

Maxie New Member

been doing a bit of twitching :nerd:funny looking seagulls :crazy:
    havent a clue what they are like
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Had a ride out to Hornsea and Spurn today to check out the state of the sea prior to fishing mid week....well hopefully anyway.Took the camera and rattled a few frames off as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Jellyworm

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You,re becoming a pro now Jelly :surprise:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Could be an Albatross Max ???

11. Maxie

Maxie New Member

ive just found out what they are.
    a greater black headed white winged tern:educated:

12. Baramundi Bob

Sister Rock At Saltwick Bay

[​IMG]

13. Baramundi Bob

Saltwick Nab

[​IMG]

14. Baramundi Bob

Whitby Piers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Baramundi Bob

kEN bASS FISHING IN gUERNSY
    [​IMG]

16. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

I see you've come over all Cartier-Brasson Mr. Worm. Lovely mono reportage shots there.

BB -when you do the very long exposures beware of colour shifts and loss of definition in movement. All the waves blend into one milky swirl. You need to take shots at varying shutter speeds until you get the one that suits the occasion best. Also, when you get past about twenty seconds exposure you can get severe colour shifts that affect the whole photo. If you have captured them in RAW format you can bring them back to a realistic rendition. In JPG or TIFF however you might not be able to recover them. Try changing your White Balance setting to Halogen or do a custom White Balance setting using a light blue object to shift the spectrum towards the orange end.

17. Baramundi Bob

HI Clive. Ive been trying for ages to get the long shutter speed shots, Initially all I got was A white screen and it was over exposed. Eventually Ive got something. I think it needs to be darker for me to get the desired effect.

Someone else suggested playing with the white balance. Is it possible to set the white balance in dusky conditions ?

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well Clive seeing as the winds have kept the yak in dry-dock and the bait freezer is looking nearly full my concentration has been to learning a little more about my photography abilities.....must confess to being completely ignorant of that one Henri Cartier-Bresson....until I have just done a little Googling.

What a wonderful expression from him regarding photography.......

Henri Cartier-Bresson:
    Brilliant and one to take inspiration from.

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

What about neutral density filter over the lense of a compact to enable the use of slower shutter speeds to blur motion without burning out the highlights due to over-exposure ? I know that the lense might not allow actual fitting but surely a Cokin style square filter could be held or taped in front of the lense ?
    What do you think Clive ?

20. Baramundi Bob

It does have a screw on "thingy" (technical term there) for filters. I just need to know which one to get off ebay where they are really cheep :wink: