1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spottydog Tackle June Photo Comp.

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by Jellyworm, Jun 10, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

The places in the pic posted need a big sea,the longer it has been on the less seals there are.If you fish the "norps" on the front when it is flat,of course the seals are going to be there,theres many a fish been snaffled on the surface there by a big furker with flippers...tight lines :wink: :happy:

2. skl

skl Blenny

I didn’t know that we would be pestered by seals, if I had known there would be the amount we saw I would not have gone, all I can say judging by the size of some of the fat gits there are still a lot of fish there as well. :hungry:

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Because there is a colony there , does it mean that the seals hunt there as well as settling ..are they just after the macky through the summer months or do they feed on cod ....

4. robq

robq Rockling

I have just dug out some pics of a newborn white fur seal with its mother that I took about 10 years ago, at the back of gristhorpe wyke.

Unfortunately my scanner is not working so I cant put them up :angry:

They definitely do feed on the cod and that area has seen a huge decline in fishing over the last 10 years :sad:

Casty used to be my fav summer spot bar none, but I hav'nt bothered with it for 8 years or so now apart from the odd trip ( all blanked ) !!

I remember one of the all england matches being won from down there with the 2nd placed fish too, both coming from the far end of the scar, both fish over 10lb :surprise:

All the top names were down there that day but I would bet you would be lucky to see more than half a dozen down there these days even in the right conditions.

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

Try fishing the Runlins area Rob with a big sea in dark,you might well be surprised :wink: :happy:

6. robq

robq Rockling

Might just do that this next winter :yes: cheers Smokey :happy:

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

smashing pic bob :happy:

the seals down casty must travel distances as they patrol up to the brigg and in to the bay and are freqent visitors to the local line fishermen ,often several miles out to see.
    i think casty is just there playground , nursery and reserve larder . the remoteness is also what keeps them there ,they see few humans compared to other areas.and access is quite difficult.

fishing is about odds ,
    and when fish are scarce,you have to ask yourself if you fancy your chances against 40 other anglers (seals)? if you blank ,do you blame the conditions,your bait or the seals?
    i'd rather go elsewhere and blank, then at least i cant blame the seals. imo

9. skl

skl Blenny

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Come on chaps can we have the finalists for this month please...Glenn you out on that yak again ?!? :happy:

11. robq

robq Rockling

what are the judges choice of 12 pics that we are picking from this month mate ?

Some stunning sunset pics this month to choose from :surprise: just when I thought I was begining to tire of them !!

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my four for this month.

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling