1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spottydog Tackle June Photo Comp.

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by Jellyworm, Jun 10, 2008.

1. baza

baza New Member

if i told you glen id have to kill you. one of 22 huss over 8lb in a four hour session between 3 of us, hectic.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im sure one of the others will know where it is.

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

cheers gadget ,i've had some trouble with the red dots which you can see on the third shot. :sad: i've been informed they are some sort of sun reflection in the camera lenses :happy: and there was me thinking it was me eyes :confused:

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

[​IMG]

just in case you have'nt seen enough pics of filey brigg ,heres one more :cheesy:

5. robq

robq Rockling

Thtas an ace shot Bill :yes:

Now my new screen saver :cheesy:

6. skl

skl Blenny

I wish this fished as good as it looked!!!

[​IMG]

7. Baramundi Bob

That must fish on a big sea ? Where is it ?

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

That's the north end of Gristhorpe Glenn - a nice photo too

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

theres some top anglers down there who catch tons of fish.....................seals, 42 at the last count...,unfortunatly they dont leave many for us . used to be a top spot ,but not worth a second thought now . :sad:

have you tryed it much skl?
    i've even seen seals eating wrasse down there ,there's only one way in or out for the fish,and once there in the seals make sure they dont come back out,

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I've never fished Gristhorpe Bill apart from the kayak and have seen the vast group of seals, and I have heard that the fishing aint what it used to be because of them, however this to me seems paradoxical as surely there must be a vast food supply, such as fish, to sustain such a healthy group of marine mammals - or is it just the ground that makes an ideal colony and they hunt in a wide area - any thoughts ???

11. Steve

Steve Rockling

it used to be a hot spot for big fish on a big sea but not now. like wec says the best anglers down there now all have flippers and whiskers.iv seen fish to 16lb come out of there and its only like fishing in a big rock pool. some people set pots in the gullys and go down at low tide to collect them. i would say on average at low tide its about 6ft deep. but theres only one entrance to it and on a big sea the fish are trapped.

12. Steve

Steve Rockling

to say cayton is only round the corner, you dont tend to see many round in danger board area. this suggests to me that they must stay more localised.
    anybody else got any thoughts on this.

13. Baramundi Bob

Such a place really does sound ideal for the really big seas, and it does look perfect, a rocky/reef area with ground in behind always stops the worst of the swell. Its a shame about the seals. Strange though isnt it that the other big colony of seals is around ravenscar and they dont seem to have killed the fishing there.

14. Steve

Steve Rockling

ten years ago glenn it was fantastic but now....

15. smokey

smokey Rockling

I gotta agree with you Iain,i used to hate the seals but i don't mind them now,they have as much right to be there as us.There simply has to be plenty of fish still there for them to stay and grow in numbers,just for the record,it still does fish in the right conditions,it's just that not too many people bother to try it nowadays :wink: :happy: tight lines

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Is gristhorpe the place that was in sea dangler with andy barmBy ? ???

17. Baramundi Bob

Once a place gets bad rep everyone stops fishing it. Can be a good time for those who stick it out and know the optimum time.

18. mc fisher

mc fisher New Member

theres too many seals there needs to be a cull of em

19. skl

skl Blenny

As I have said in a few posts before I have had a break for a few years and one of my lads has pestered me to start fishing again. I used to love this spot so with that in mind I set of there again in conditions that I new used to be good. All looked good (perfect conditions) however when we arrived at our first mark I could not believe how many seals there were. After a long day fishing all we had between us was two good size wrasse and an undersize codling that the seals had missed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. bucko

bucko Guest

A pluggers dusk!

[​IMG]

This cheeky so and so was about 2ft from my head at one point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]