1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spottydog Tackle August photo Comp.

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by Jellyworm, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Spotty Dog Tackle - Forum Photography Competition

[​IMG]

1. Take a picture whilst out doing fishing related activities such as : fishing, bait collecting, looking for new marks etc.
    2. Post your picture into this topic. Glenn and the other moderators will attempt to move all pictures on the sea fishing forum into the competition topic, but please dont shout at us if we miss your picture by accident.
    3. Your picture must be from this month.
    4. At the end of the month Glenn, Tim and Ray will pick their 4 favourite pictures for the month. These pictures will then be placed in a poll and forum members will vote for their favourite picture.
    5. The winner will be the person with the most votes at the end of the poll. The winner will recieve £20 to spend on tackle at Spotty Dog Tackle.

As always, our thanks go to Spotty Dog Tackle for sponsering this competition.

Past winners of the competition can be viewed here.

Ok lets see your pictures :happy: :happy: :yes: ....

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Salmon Drift Netters At Maw Wyke

[​IMG]

4. Baramundi Bob

Looking North On The Cleveland Way

[​IMG]

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seen as sunsets are back in fashion,here's a couple from a recent excursion ,i,ll be honest thou, and confess they were taken on the 30th of july and never realized how pleasing i found them tii tother day ,anyway thought i'd share them withyou .

the more astute of you will realize they were'nt taken in this country as we havent seen the sun here for some time :cheesy: :cheesy:

6. Baramundi Bob

Re: Spottydog Tackle August sunset photo Comp.

This isnt a sunset. Is it allowed ? :cheesy:

[​IMG]

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

pure genius again bob, is your other photo above ,south hawsker

8. Baramundi Bob

Hi Bill, I just wish I could get my new camera afloat because I would be able to get some cracking shots. I really am contemplating the underwater case, but at nearly 200 quid its a tad expensive. I have just earnt a few quid for designing another site for someone so might treat myself with the pennies.

Yes the picture above is from South Hawsker. Well North end of South Hawsker if you know what I mean. Its near the caravan site.

9. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Yeah a great shot of the Mackeral, surely a firm contender, not only is the picture great but it represents the essence of August, rather like the weather at the moment :sad:

10. newdave

newdave Guest

Reminds me about the calendar idea Glenn, I know you were talking about using all the winners, but it would be nice to make it up with pictures that really reflect the month. As Ian says August is Mackeral, Sept Festival, January is freezing your Ass off etc. :happy:

11. Baramundi Bob

Wonder if we should go with a calendar ? I cant remember the prices I worked out for it to become profitable. All monies would go to charity which probably would be the RNLI. Any thoughts ??

12. quint

It's a great idea, there's plenty of photos on here to make a brilliant calender and would help the RLNI also - each photo should reflect the month, I much prefer action shots such as the Mackeral - I think the photos are far superior when you show actual fishing activities, such as boat launching, casting, cliff descents, fish and captor shots etc - the sunsets etc are good shots but you can't beat the actual capture of fishing action

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Couldn't agree more...the photo comp should have more fishing based shots than the landscape pretty sunset type shots.Demand a lot of effort to capture the moment .
    As long as the calendar doesn't end up like the Rylstone Womens Institute example......please not a naked Ramrod crabbing in Holbeck !! :vomit: :wink: :surprise: :surprise:

14. newdave

newdave Guest

do it Glenn, i will have one, i am sure you will sell a heap for Christmas pressies etc

fishergirl my buy that one :laugh: :laugh:

15. Baramundi Bob

Ok Ill look into the calendar prices again and make a post about it.

With regards to the photo comp we maybe could try a theme every now and again, that is quite a good idea actually, nice one Iain and Dave. I wouldnt want to tighten things down too far in case it put anyone off and I still would like to see landscapes etc. But maybe every second month we could have a theme for the pictures - eg next month could be - rock fishing, cod, Festival time, Or something different. Any ideas ???

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You are right with not tightening it too much or the number of entries will dwindle but perhaps the topic should reflect the month so anything that symbolises the particular month would be good.

17. newdave

newdave Guest

maybe getting a bit confused here between the photo comp & the calendar, my point was that the calendar could pick out the best picture that summed up the month whilst the photo comp is a simply what the voters think is the best photo. As Dave says if you use them you could finish up with 12 landscapes which would make it more of Yorkshire post thing. we want to see action, anglers & fish in the calendar. :happy:

18. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dave,

Sorry for any confusion. I think the discussion went in 2 separate directions at one point. Quint commented about the calendar and Jelly thought the comp would be better if there was to be a theme to the pics.

Ill look at prices for a calendar and will make another topic for that discussion.

19. quint

please not a naked Ramrod crabbing in Holbeck !! :vomit: :wink: :surprise: :surprise:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what a sight Manilow amongst the weed in his riggors with his pork sword on full view :surprise:

This theme could be the answer, would certainly sell lots for the RLNI and raise the forums profile no end

20. Baramundi Bob

:laugh: :laugh: