1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotty Dog Tackle Shop - Photo Comp For April

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

2. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Sunset over Sandsend taken from West pier (23rd April '08).

[​IMG]

Whitby lifeboat (23rd April '08).

[​IMG]

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The last ones looking good :wink: Beautiful pictures

4. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

taken at 19.52 with a FUJIFILM finepix A600.aperture used f5.2 and shutter speed of 0.0033 :educated: :whistle:

5. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Bloody hell Ringer even I didn't know that and I took it :cry:

Not too sure about the f stop, shutter aperture, left hand thread, 41 PSI bit. I kinda just look through a hole in the back and press the biggest button :crazy:

6. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

the picture ov runswick must win hands down !!!

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

PMSL :laugh: It's all getting a bit competative now,gone are the days where the picture that captured "the perfect moment" win,megapixels now rule along with expensive camera's.....tight lines

8. Baramundi Bob

A fuji finepix 600 is no better than the camera used by Bill to win the first comp and a further 3 times, and at under £100 a cheaper camera too :happy:. Camera technology has moved on quite a way and you can get real good camera's at a fairly decent price these days.

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

Is Bill taking them with a standard lense? forgive me for being a tit but i know little about exposure and shutter speed and the like.I might have to invest in a finepix if they are under a ton...

10. Baramundi Bob

Hi Mart,

The camera Bill uses isn't an SLR (the ones that use all the lenses) but you can get little add on lenses. I remember him mentioning he bought a polarising lens for it.

If your shopping for a new camera, Id do a bit of research Mart as the technology is moving that fast now there are some top cameras at really good prices.

Finepix is the man to talk to :wink: :happy:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Smokes I ve got a finepix s3000 in perfect condition for sale £50.00 including case.

:happy: :happy:

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

Will do Glenn,thanks for the advice.Got to agree with you on the lifeboat picture,that's pobalbly the best overall pic i have seen yet,it has a little "magic" to it...tight lines has it got the software for it Jelster??

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes there is the basic finepix software disc ...although I always use windows camera wizard for uploading and then paintshop pro for manipulating.
    Its not a fancy all singing all dancing camera but it produces good images providing you are not wanting to print in large sizes.

Have a read of this review Mart. :happy:

http://www.cameras.co.uk/details/fuji-finepix-s3000.cfm

Cheers Dave.

14. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

all the photo's, i've taken on here have been taken with a fairly ordinary 5 mp kodak camera ,smokester. :wink: i think the more technical you get the more complicated it gets :scared: you don't need an expensive rod and reel to catch a fish.
    keep an eye on the light ,mornings and evenings ,i find ,make rather pleasing pics :kiss:

15. newdave

newdave Guest

or paradoxically, I have an expensive rod & reel & cant catch fish :crazy:

got to agree on the mp, if i take a picture on max with 8mp the file is massive and its just got to be reduced anyway. a decent lens and An eye for a photo is what counts, and you certainly have that :wink:

16. macky

macky New Member

17. smokey

smokey Rockling

Not a bad view while having a cuppa at work :happy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Where did you get your Cannon mobile phone from Mart :laugh: Cracking pictures mate.

19. Baramundi Bob

Good pics for a mobile Mart. Cracking light !!!!

20. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

there you go smokester,see you don't need an expensive rod an reel ,good them :happy: