1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spotty dog tackle - September 2009 photo competition

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by newdave, Sep 15, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

My Pollock - stright out the can

[​IMG]

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I don't think that's the case really. If you look back over the past few months there's been some good variety on the winning shots.

You should post some recent photos in Jellyworms pics :) (would insert nodding head)

3. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello, I've spent some time this month checking out a cople of marks for the coming winter. I had alook down to Whitby East Pier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back at the harbour I saw Paul coming in so took a couple of snaps. I also called into Whitby Angling Supplies and picked up a forum sticker :happy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fishing wise I haven't done a lot but I had a few days holiday up at Seahouses. The average size of the fish was small, about 1.5lb, but the good thing was there was alot of them. Some of them were bonny little red fish too.

[​IMG]

Hope you liked the pics, regards Ian.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

5. bucko

bucko New Member

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I dont want to ruffle feathers ---- BUT i think the fairest way would be not to allow photoshop to be used , not everybody can afford
    it , would know how to use it , would want it , its only my opinion but i nhave heard other forum members saying the same , as i said
    earlier i believe it would fairer :yes: :yes:

7. Baramundi Bob

I use photoshop but generally only to resize my snaps. I do use it to add text and stuff for images in the site headers. I wouldnt worry too much about it though, to date I dont think any of the winners have been photoshoped which suggests the site users are going for pictures that tell a story rather than those that are picture perfect.

8. boomphat

boomphat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The 2 bridges over the Menai Strait.
    No shop no chop.

[​IMG]

9. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Not everyone can afford a digital camera, would know how to use it, would want it.

In the defence of Photoshop use, it's not as easy as just opening a photo in the program and *poof* it's all perfect. It takes a lot of time and effort to learn how to use it, and in my opinion post processing must be used to do justice to a good photo. I like photos to look great, as good as I can. It's not always possible to spend ages composing a photo and getting white balance etc etc spot on when taking it.

The photos I entered this month were not made in Photoshop, it was a different program, I fine tuned them in Photoshop afterwards. They were supposed to look surreal and bright, it was what I wanted. It makes a bit of difference and adds variety to the competition in my opinion. Most of the time you wouldn't have a clue that Photoshop as been used on a photo when it has been touched up with subtle contrast adjustments and colour correction.

At the end of the day the voters will choose their favourite photo and it will win. That's why we have a poll, so people who don't like processed images can choose something else they like instead.

Personally I like to see photos which have had time and thought put into them do well in the comp - Gary's photos last month were great.

10. newdave

newdave Guest

A few of my snaps from Skye

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Baramundi Bob

My Favourites :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. newdave

newdave Guest

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

thats a nice photo of neist point and the the huge rock face near it , ive fished there

14. newdave

newdave Guest

thanks Cliff, really fell in love with that place, absolutely stunning scenery at every turn, I suspect that we will be back up there next year for another go at the sea kayaking.

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

No Fishing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. boomphat

boomphat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Personally, I enjoyed Supersonics pics, and the first 2 pics by Ian Alexander, of Whitby harbour.
    I'm always interested to see photos of different places, especially launches.

17. johntie

johntie New Member

/Users/johntie31/Desktop/IMG_0083.tiff/Users/johntie31/Desktop/IMG_0077.tiff/Users/johntie31/Desktop/_DSC3445.jpg/Users/johntie31/Desktop/_DSC3239_2.jpg/Users/johntie31/Desktop/_DSC3233.jpg[/img]

18. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

my 3 for the month
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]