1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spotty dog tackle - September 2009 photo competition

Discussion in 'Photography Competitions - Spotty Dog Tackle' started by newdave, Sep 15, 2009.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

Spotty Dog Tackle - Forum Photography Competition

[​IMG]

1. Take a picture whilst out doing fishing related activities such as : fishing, bait collecting, looking for new marks etc.
    2. Post your picture into this topic. Glenn and the other moderators will attempt to move all pictures on the sea fishing forum into the competition topic, but please dont shout at us if we miss your picture by accident.
    3. Your picture must be from this month.
    4. At the end of the month Glenn, Tim and Ray & I will pick their 3 favourite pictures for the month. These pictures will then be placed in a poll and forum members will vote for their favourite picture.
    5. The winner will be the person with the most votes at the end of the poll. The winner will recieve £20 to spend on tackle at Spotty Dog Tackle.

As always, our thanks go to Spotty Dog Tackle for sponsering this competition.

Past winners of the competition can be viewed here.

Oh Bugger, I am late again :embarrass: Afraid i am away on hols, but here it is

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Suppose I can get the ball rolling with these... No fish yet for me this month though :cry:

Sunset at Hilston
    [​IMG]

Lighthouse at Spurn
    [​IMG]

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

No fish, but cracking pictures. Your one hell of a snapper.

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

cracking pictures kev

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Great Pictures ....
    Sunset at Hilston looks the dogs dangaly bits :yes: :yes:
    David Bailey eat your heart out :wink: :wink:

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Not in Kev's league but hey at least there's a fish. :wink:

Matty with his Bempton catch.... :happy: :happy:

[​IMG]

7. Supersonic

:embarrass: Cheers lads :embarrass:

Hahaha nice one Gary :cheesy:

8. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

More from matty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Went for a run out today with the wife ,it was our wedding anniversary ,staiths was the first place i ever took her ,so i thought i would kill two birds with one stone so i decided to re aquaint myself with cowbar on a big tide,to check out the area,so here are a few photo,s

[​IMG]
    I call this the missing link ,it wasnt,t there last time i looked :surprise:

[​IMG]

found this in cowbar gully think its one of johns relatives :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    reflections
    [​IMG]

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks harry now thats another xmas card :laugh: :laugh: think its uncle colin :laugh: :laugh:

cracking pictures

12. Supersonic

Flamborough
    [​IMG]

No Fishing!
    [​IMG]

Brid Harbour
    [​IMG]

Seagull
    [​IMG]

13. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

some cracking pictures there supersonic......do you use a colour filter on them...

14. Supersonic

No mate, sometimes a polarizer but that's it. I normally have a UV filter on if I'm anywhere near the sea or sand but it's more for protection.

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Is those with your sony DSLR kev i cant wait to get mine ,i think my pics could do with a bit of tint,they would have stood out more ,but they not bad from a compact ,one thing is sure i wont be taking it to near the sea with my past reputation of breaking things :embarrass:

16. Supersonic

Yes Harry, all I can say mate is that I expected to take it out the box and get pics like I get straight away but it wasn't the case lol It takes time to get used to the camera - but it's free to take pics so take thousands and pick the best ones to get to grips with it. I spoke to a lad with the same camera as me the other day and things that I thought were simple for getting good pics he didn't even know about lol.

The major advantage of DSLR's (although some compacts do have it) is the ability to shoot in .raw format.

When you take a photo in .jpeg format, the image that the camera can 'see' on it's sensor is recorded, processed and compressed into the image that the camera thinks is right.

With .raw, the everything the camera can see on the sensor is recorded, but only minimally processed and not compressed. Therefore the full range of lighting and detail etc is recorded, and also not lost due to compression. It's like a negative on a film camera. This gives you the chance to 'develop' the image in the way that you would like to see it, as you have all the information at your disposal, you've just gotta tweak it.

Bit long winded mate, sorry! If you need any help when you get your cam. I can definately help you out with software as well ;)

17. bassman

bassman Administrator

[​IMG]

Dover Sole 12oz-32cm caught at Ulrome 20th-09 bait black lug

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

And some HDR manipulation in photoshop :wink: :wink: :wink:
    The Brid harbour is a cracking shot.....not so sure about the Spurn one maybe a bit over worked matey....good pics though.

19. Supersonic

Haha you're right Dave, only I don't use photoshop for HDR, i use it after I've made the HDR image! The Spurn one was difficult, I know exactly what you're saying - I must have spent about a hour on that pic trying to get it right, there's just something about it.

Do you do much HDR Dave? The images I put on this topic aren't HDR strictly speaking as they were only from one .raw file. Should take my tripod with me more often. Not seen your photos on here for a while, you used to put some right beauties on mate. I saw some in the fishing marks section the other day that I would have been very pleased with if they were mine.

20. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I don't bother now as got sick of the monthly sunset shot always winning when some other stunning shots had been put up from lots of people....but the voters just like their sunsets...lol so the photo comp holds little interest for me now.