1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinning for Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by thomasnbec, Jul 27, 2011.

1. thomasnbec

thomasnbec Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have just loaded my spool with 15lb braid. Now all i need is to attach the lure.
    Do you tie your lure direct to the main line or use a snap link swivel? I have some 20lb fluorocarbon if a leader is required
    I have a couple of different Jig Heads and assorted soft lures.
    whats the best method to use
    cheers
    Richard

2. broony

broony Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello mate

Loads of people have loads of different approaches.

Firstly you can choose to use a fluro leader if you want. I personally do. The idea of the leader is to protect the line against snags near the lure so you only need a leader of around 2-3 foot. It's not used to protect the cast, just to stop braid rubbing on rocks as it's not the most abrasion resistant. I use a 2 foot leader as I find longer means the leader knot is inside the top eye on the rod.

To tie on your leader I use a uni to uni knot but people use loads of other knots like the albright.

To attach the lure you can either tie a rapala knot through the eye on the lure which leaves a loop for the lure to move freely or tie on a small lure clip. I use a clip as it makes changing lures quicker and tie it on with a tucked blood knot but use whatever you are usually happy with for tying on hooks in your bait rigs.

Hope that helps.

I have a little website with basic bass lure info on here. I am not an expert but I found it hard to get all the basic information in one place. It's meant to help people who are starting out with plugs.:

http://basslurebasics.com/

There is also loads of really good Bass info on this site here:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/category/bass-fishing/

3. thomasnbec

thomasnbec Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers for that
    you have an excellent website
    loads of information

4. broony

broony Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers mate, glad you like it.