1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spinning at ravenscaur

Discussion in 'GlassBacks Pictures' started by glassback, Dec 13, 2013.

1. glassback

glassback Blenny

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Some excellent pic Andy. I tend to take wrasse for granted but when you see the colours and markings in good light you see how bonny they are. The close up looking down the wrasses mouth is spot on.

3. andym

andym Rockling

Cracking photos

4. glassback

glassback Blenny

yea theres some stunning colours on some wrasse ,i had some from gristhorpe one year and they were same .i think its when there breeding they get there colours to display to the females .
    even though they can change sex .
    that day we had about 10 wrasse what had followed our lures right in just nipping the tails .
    and then just stayed near the ledge coming out to get the lures
    it was great to see ,some big wrasse over 5ib to the pollack were upto 4ib .
    shame i didnt get to go this year

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Some cracking pics and nice fish there Andy. Reminds me I must do some more shore lure fishing next summer

6. bassman

bassman Administrator

Great pics Andy :)

7. glassback

glassback Blenny

i just hope we get a decent one sam and a longer one

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Brilliant Andy ! Every winter we hit that point of winter fishing overload.....this post is my turning point....bring on the LRF gear and spots like Blea Wyke 8)

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Looks class andy can't wait for summer now saying that I bet you would get them now down there when it's settled and clear

10. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great pics! Come back summer.....:)

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

11. glassback

glassback Blenny

when cod season started i did start to miss it but then it still isnt how it used to be ,i dont think it ever will be though

12. glassback

glassback Blenny

i remeber fishing a scarb club match down there with ray one xmass
    i had about 10 wrasse and threw a few back .
    we have had some good clear calm spells and waters still not to cold
    they wont have move of far yet that was on bait though

13. m coates

m coates Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great picks Andy I remember that day well lovely conditions for it just shame we never had the wether this year I remember all the rock anglers looking at us thinking what they doing but buy the end of the day they was all watching us cos the fish was thin on the ground for bait fishing just gose to show that the fish are there even if your not catching um

Thanks for putting um on Andy

14. glassback

glassback Blenny

it was a fantastic day mick made more special because it was a filey festival match day ,as you say a dozen anglers using bait for a mop a wrasse and a pollack between them .
    to our 20 odd fish ,that could of been more to .
    just nice when it comes together with conditions perfect .

15. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Some quality pictures there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

16. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

Great photos them Andy, looks like a good spot for it! hopefully next summer I'll get a few pollock and wrasse on lures, they give a good scarp on heavy rock gear so bet its ace on light spinning gear :)

Ben

17. glassback

glassback Blenny

yea its good fun ben makes you realise just whats under your feet
    rather than casting 100yrds out .
    i will take you down next year

18. robq

robq Rockling

Nice report and Pics Andy 8)

I got the bug 2 years ago after being snapped off by a big wrasse on a mini shad on the brigg end :eek:

Then despite buying all the LRF and rockfish gear,I never used it once this year ::) its was always too windy and coloured up !! I will definitely be having a proper go next year though :)

19. glassback

glassback Blenny

thats the only problem for that kind of fishing for wrasse and pollack
    you do need perfect water conditions ,but not as critical when bassing .
    what i like about it is the visual side were you see the fish follow and take your lures .
    ive had some big bass ,doubles follow and touch my lure then turn tail and swim off .

20. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

Be great that, looking forward to summer fishing already :)