1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Softies v Northern Infedels

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 13, 2009.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Ha Ha nice one Mike, evolution has made slight changes in appearance, but our natural instinct remains

[​IMG]

2. mike33

mike33 New Member

What the F**k :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Great stuff lads :happy: love reading these kayak reports

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Thanks Quint, up comes my dinner :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :scare: :cheesy:

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

are you sure he is not from the hartlepool area :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. raymo

raymo New Member

really enjoyed last night,,,looking forward to the re match.....

7. langy

langy Rockling

What did you catch ken ??

8. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Glad you all had a good evening lads, a big well done to Glenn on his pollock. I`ll have to get out soon and regain my position.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi Langy, two codling mate and dropped a third off near the surface :angry: . I opted to paddle all the way to fillet tail and fish the grounds I knew fairly well and was confident over. Had a couple of pouting and billet too but it was really hard going.

I'm going to have to call a Southern team meeting I think and give them a bit of a dressing down - I just cannot keep carrying them all like this :whistle: :evil: :cheesy:

10. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

me and lee were going to pop down but the rain was lashing down here and there was a canny chop on when i left work at seaham at 3 :30 ....so wasnt sure if you would still be fishing...but well done to all of you for getting out and congrats to the southern lot......

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes I think we will have to re-group Ken and maybe discuss a few underhand tactics in order to save our reputations if things start to go wrong. I was tempted to "help :evil: " Glenn land his fish :wink: but there was other witnesses. It was good watching the pollock doubling his rod over and diving and swirling around the yak. I remember dicussing catching pollock on plugs a while back and the one I had last night was the first one I have ever caught like this. I wonder why, after all the miles I,ve done in other area's. Strangely I was well out and on a very shallow diving plug. I switched to a deeper diving plug (sliver) and caught the bass :confused:

[​IMG]

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done lads. looking forward to the home event.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Ray,

Ive had all my better Pollock on the same plug. Its a Yo zuri Crystal minnow and Pollock seem to love it. The place I caught the fish last night was the exact same spot I had the 9 pounder last year, and several others besides.

I was pleased to see Dave had a few bass just a bit further up in the shallowest area, and he taught me a valuable lesson about how the water runs across there. I went in to have a bash but they had all buggered off by the time I got there.

14. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Back home in the deep south now lads.

Great match, you get good turnouts up there! Well done.

Had a great time but didnt manage owt to weigh in, apologies to the team.

See you next year, if not Scarborough before :happy:

All the best

Jim

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Jim, brilliant to see you and I hope you enjoyed your time up here, come back any time and give us a shout. I remember you did rather well at the Filey match especially as you didn't particularly know the area - well done mate.

Coming down your way for next weekend Jim, Penzance I think, flippin long way but hoping it should be worth it :wink: :happy:.

Ken

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

That many faces I never know whos who half the time, sorry for not saying hello. Glad you enjoyed your fishing even if you didnt catch anything. Sandsend is not the best venue around but its easy and scenic so always worth a paddle.

17. langy

langy Rockling

At least you had a good go at it ken ;) show up all up next time ;)

18. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers lads, tight lines to all.

Jim

19. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great fishing with you jim, shame the gods wern't with us at runswick or sandsend
    give me a shout next time your in our neck of the woods
    maybe see you at the eastern meet (if you can get a pass that is
    :cheesy: )

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well done lads , and bb for a good pollock, looks like that mark is a pollock hotspot......