1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Softies v Northern Infedels

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 13, 2009.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

just back from birthday celebrations from yorkshire show, ill be there ready to go

2. bucko

bucko New Member

I might have a look up and watch you nautical types from a land lubbers point of view while throwing some lures about.

Any idea what the water clarity is like?

3. bigfat

bigfat New Member

hi ben looks like i have to be a Southerner, cumming from Hull,nowt personel mate :butt:

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I'm easy, whatever it is it has to be simple, let's all agree a format at the car park

5. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done to glen on his Pollack, and I suppose the softies get a clap for winning the overall weight
    brilliant night lads even if the fish werent there in any numbers, always a pleasure to meet you all
    looking forward to the next leg now.......marine drive was it?

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cant believe I forgot to get a picture of the fish.

Marine drive for the next one. Iain said we will get it arranged as soon as the weather allows. really enjoyed tonight and it rounds off a good week on the fishing front. Shame the weather's gonna spoil it all now.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Now Jelly's are back from sheep shagging ! Count us in the next one if work allows. :yes:

8. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yep cracking night lads realy enjoyed it and good to meet you all , look forward to the next leg now. Well done Glen

9. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

And I was going to suggest a tenner - well done Glenn on pollock - a very enjoyable night, even though fish were scarce

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks to everyone for coming, a great turn out for an evening midweek. Also a big thanks to Ken for weighing the fish.

Well done to the southern raiders, hopefully we can turn you over on your patch next.

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

What a brilliant night and a great little knock-up. heres your results...

Southern Softies

Quint 1lb 10oz
    Andy(bigfat) 1lb 3oz
    Ken 6lb 9oz
    Ray 3lb 5oz
    Marshy not weighed in
    Spawney not weighed in

Northern Infedels

Glenn 7lb 5oz
    Mike 1lb 10oz
    Raymo 4lb 2oz
    Dan 1lb 2oz
    Sam not weighed in
    Nick not weighed in
    Ben not weighed in
    Steve not weighed in
    Damo not weighed in

Thus by my reckoning the Southern Softies averaged 2lb 1oz each and the Northern Infedels managed just 1lb 7oz each

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers for the results Ken, you must be knackered. Well done to the northern gits :cry: and BB

13. bigfat

bigfat New Member

what a good night,good turn out,hope to be there on the return match,well done glen

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, very enjoyable evening despite the difficult fishing. Look forward to the next leg where us northerners will score the equalizer :wink: :cheesy:

15. mike33

mike33 New Member

Nice one southern soffties :cheesy: although not a lot of fish it was a cracking evening...........bring on the return match :scared:

Nice pollack that Glenn well done mate.

Mike

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Sound,s like you all had a canny paddle about lad,s :happy: did anyone manage to get any photo,s it would be nice to see a few ,shame us northerner,s lost on our own patch :confused: but well done to the southern softie,s did the weather hold for you ,it was bouncing down in stockton last night ,lookforward to the next leg i will see if i can get through ,couldnt last night we had a rehersal for a gig comeing up tight lines Harry :cool:

17. newdave

newdave Guest

yes a fun night and pleased we got the last of the good weather before the northerlies arrived, and with the water being so clear my obsessive persuit of silver took over & the jigging rod stayed in the rodholder. well done to my team although i did get a bollocking from capt quint for chucking mine back :whatever: guess i have not really got to grips with this match angling :laugh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    had 5 of these but all just about size
    [​IMG]
    cracking Pollack from Glenn, both he & Ramrod lost pollack as well. nice to have a swift pint & a chat afterwards as well

18. mike33

mike33 New Member

Nice pics Spawney..........It was good to have a drink and chat in the pub afterwards....... one thing that stuck out in my mind was a comment made by quint about fossil collectors looking for there Neanderthal ancestors :cheesy: :laugh: so I have done a bit of research on Quints behalf and found a Neanderthal relative of his and even a picture :yes: :educated:

Primitive Algereno sofftie fisherman :laugh: :tease: :evil:
    [​IMG]

Mike

19. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. newdave

newdave Guest

obviously evolution has sreduced the amount of hair :laugh: