1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Softies Challenge

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 18, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Dav,

Not entirely sure. I think that once you get into 20 foot of water you dont see much kelp, so I would say it only grows in water from 10-20 foot deep. Thats just a theory of mine but you dont see much kelp in shallow water and you dont see much in this part of the world in deeper water.

It will be nice to see you down here again Dav when the big pollack come out to play. Im sure one of us will get the double figure fish this year, they are in there I am sure of it.

I also believe that the area to the north side of Runswick will be as good if not better. Its just a matter of sussing it out.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thanks for that chaw.... Will defo be back down looking for them biggies..... your right about the area north of runswick , i think were spoilt for choice tbh , . I know of a reef which shallows to 12 ft at lw 1/2 mile to sea north of runny .....looking forward to exploring and hopefully exploiting ......cheers

3. newdave

newdave Guest

well done the softies, was it ever in doubt ? :whistle:

Apologies for absence from myself & Ken but our trip to the Farnes was organised in advance. actually I might have weakened the team :whatever:

Also i notice there must be a mistake & 0 missing from Ramrods weight :tease:

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Think you need to look at the rules Dav, eerr no ling, do the honorable deed and give me the money :angry:

As expected a a great afternoon and evening, and of course the best side won once again :yes: although we are looking replacement for our "past it" Ramrod :blindfold: everyone seemed to have a good time, the only down side of the evening was the lack of the promised pie and peas :hungry: from the Duck Man here's a few pics

pre match nerves

mg][/img][​IMG]

Our captain making sure only qualifying fish are netted

[​IMG]

Twas a lovely sunset

[​IMG]

There's one behind you Ben

[​IMG]

A few mackeral showing

[​IMG]

The weigh in

[​IMG]

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

There is a good reason for me having an off day yesterday, i just can,t think of it at the moment :cheesy: did have a bit of bad luck with a cod though :cry: Well done Dav and hard luck Iain. Thanks to all who turned up and to Glenn who helped navigate us to Hawsker on foot for a pint shandy :laugh:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I did turn up moley. But had to go. I put some pies under you mole wagon and a note on your window. Your telling me you did not get them?
    Dam will someone see if there still there please.

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

well done dav, where's my ling you promised me, im hungry :hungry:

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Davross was it on one of my shiney crystal jig heads, if so they have just gone up in price matey..haha :whistle:

9. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

I saw them shiney ones when he was tackling up - they certainly looked better than my dull lead ones. Well done Dav. It was a good night, thoroughly enjoyed getting out for the first time this year and first time ever fishing for anything other than bass from the yak. Thought I might be the one to let the team down but did ok I think. Looking forward to the return leg now.

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Heard you done pretty well Mark, heaviest bag our Dav said... :cool: Now i've got me winter bait more or less sorted, i cant wait to get out with you lads and get some fishing done... :yes:

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Seems i gave you abit a wrong info there Gaz it was Glen who had the biggest bag but marks was a good bag tho ....as you may see on page 3 :whistle:.......cheers mark , yeah them shiny lead heads are ok but dont seem to stay shiny for long banging them off the bottom.....

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A few more snaps from the match

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

whens the rematch then?

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!