1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Landing Flamborough Living Seas Centre

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

another propaganda centre for poisoning young minds :suspicious: :suspious: :whistle:

3. DB2009

DB2009 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Another eco business taking advantage of delapidation

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

YWT’s marine team will use the office on a regular basis and will carry out research and monitoring activities in the local area.

:suspious:

It's a shame because I think it's a good thing that children should be educated about the marine environment, but this would be run by a load of do good anoraks out of uni, they would learn much more about marine life spending time around a working fish harbour, and about life for that matter

5. Baramundi Bob

Yeah, but the new building has :

Low energy LED lighting throughout

Shock, fecking horror, were gonna save the world.

6. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

No no, please don't let them encourage swarms of folk down South Landing. I like it nice and quiet. The quieter the better... ;-)

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

they'll all be wearing headlights then, led lighting........bag ofsh#te :cheesy:

8. newdave

newdave Guest

Bloody ell, give a chance will you. I spoke to the lady who ran the Cafe last year. she had no insurance & there was no way she could afford to rebuild it, the council wouldn't do it & were insisting she pay the rent even though it was trashed by vandals. This arrangement will rebuild the property & she is going to rent the space from them & run her excellent cafe again.

I really can see how giving kids an insight into our wonderful coastline is propaganda ? & I rather enjoyed a bacon buttie & coffee after a paddle.

9. Baramundi Bob

Have you had anything to do with kids recently Dave ?? They come home full of David Attenborough were all killing the planet stories every day of the week. I would have concerns over what messages they will be fed from anything linked to Natural England.

10. newdave

newdave Guest

No Glenn I dont know anything about kids only that I was one a long time ago, the point is that you cant live in a vacume, there are plenty of folk that visit that area to walk the seashore, watch birds etc. & they have as much right as we do. I cant see any reason for such negative outpourings towards something that will have minimal impact on our activities.

11. Baramundi Bob

Maybe I'm just paranoid mate, but I would hate to think that anyone with any connection to Natural England was in anyway influencing my kids. As for the use of South Landing, its no problem to me, as I think I went there once last year.

12. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

can't quite remember if it was you or not dave, who told me about the meetings on the hub committees where the marine conservation society's were whinging that anglers were damaging the sea bed by dragging a lead over it and all angling activities should be stopped .if this is the type of education and one sided views they will be providing then in my view its propaganda. no doubt there will be a petition of some type or other to sign at the end of the visit as usual

13. DB2009

DB2009 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What amazes me is despite cut backs and recession these Eco businesses are still getting public funds.
    Why?
    Some of these wildlife protection businesses have very poor management skills and in most cases no management at all other than to collect statistics for ever and a day.
    Only last week I heard a claim that some of these wildlife businesses created reserves that were like a sink drawing wildlife to their death by uncontrolled predators.A bit harsh I know but maybe there is a point here.
    For instance years ago , Climmers (Egg collection for human consumption from local cliffs) would destroy the predatory gull nests and therefore help the other birds to thrive and produce a reliable surplus of eggs each year.
    Now the predatory gulls are protected thanks to the Eco brigade and the Eco businesses thrive on the demise of species and collect endless data which never seems to amount to a decision to the control predators/vermin.

14. Baramundi Bob

Thats what Natural England are all about. Leave everything untouched and spend millions researching what happens. The main flaw in all their research is that they leave "Man" out of the equasion. Humans exist, and even if its through research they are all impacting on the environment.

When Robert Goodwill says no-one puts any other ideas forward when complaining about Coastguard cuts. My idea is cut Natural England and Net Gain MCZ funding and make the do gooders get a real job like the rest of us.