1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

south gare

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, May 23, 2012.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

due toillness not fished for a while
    is anything showing yet or are the driillers putting the fish off

2. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

Down regular. Only flatties about

3. reelsport

reelsport Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

make the most of the quiet periods down there, another few weeks u wont be able to move for the tinsel tossing chav pissed up muppets.

4. anderson365

anderson365 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Avoid the place like the plague, never had a good trip over there always some muppet that ruins the day.

Has anyone tried Marske beach recently? i heard that there was some sort of new rock formation / wave defence that might be useful?

5. Jimmyorange1980

Jimmyorange1980 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

is it likely that the drilling will actually deter the fish (whenever they decide to turn up). arrived late for the macky last year, only managed to get a months decent fishing in before it started to tail off.....would like to get down there early this year.

regarding the chav situation, has anyone ever tried talking to them at all. bit rowdy sometimes ill agree but some of the older generation are often just as bad. have found them quite easy to get on with in the past, even borrowing gear off them when the seals decide to snap off my last set of feathers.

cheers

jim

6. anderson365

anderson365 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I would not even approach them, heard some right horror stories about them in the past.

Maybe you have been lucky with your encounters, but sure I heard of someone being threatend after suggesting that they pick up their litter last year.

I go out for a few relaxing quiet hours so me and the gare do not agree with each other.

7. Jimmyorange1980

yeah, the rubbish is a big problem. dont mind the odd bit of mono but when they start leaving food packing and beer cans all over the shop it does burn me a little bit.

does anybody have an idea when the mackerel will show up this year. caught tem late last time out so i dont actually know when they come in

jim

8. Jimmyorange1980

anyone have any tips on tackle or methods for fishing flatties or other species (apart from mackerel) down at the gare. only ever fished for mackies before

jim

9. reelsport

reelsport Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

small hooks small bait fishing of the bottom should catch u flatties depending on what gear u have of course.

a simple trace with a weight and a smallish hook should catch u flatties

personally i fish for makkies of the bottom with a standard rig and a bit of cork to float my bait of the bottom carnt be arsed casting in and out all day long and to have to mix with the knuckle dragging morons that fish the end every summer.

i have approached a few and told them straight fc.uk off u little toss pot they make the place a total sh.it hole

10. jc

good response chaps
    we had run in with the tossers last year but generally as i work for a living by the time i get there they are to pissed on beer and dope to bother anyone
    just make sure you dont set off home at same time as the drive could be a problem

11. rockling king

rockling king Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

last year i took a black bag down and hung it onto the metal post it seamed to do the trick everybody should take a bag and start putting the rubbish in there will get the message eventually

12. sambam

sambam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i agree with whats been said, with my shift patterns i like to get down there early doors high tide, the riff raff will be sleeping off the hangovers from the night before or waiting for jeremy kyle to come on, saying that the only chew i had down there was off an older bloke but i avoid busy times like weekends school hols and evening hight tides

13. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

just had a walk down the gare (friday 11ish) :cool:two lads fishing 1 small flounder
    3 lads coming off with nothing :sad no macky showing. i fished marske beach thursday 3hrs up used fresh rag and lug not a bite :sad:
    but there are the odd bass showing me mate had 4 wed 1 sized and 1 on tuesday.
    nice to get out and have a chuck :wink:

14. jc

wheres the bass then id love a go plugging are they marske beach
    appreciate your honesty if no reply

15. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

dont plug really, but the gare basin, majuba rd area are places i hear about , dont see why the stretch along groins redcar / marske stray should not be any different

16. titchy96

titchy96 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

one way to advoid the unwashed lol is to go 1st light as there ether still in bed ,, on a curfew or got sing on ,,

17. jc

thanks for all the info chaps